Stewart Donald anyone.....

How i read it is they are not disputing buying the club using parachute payments at all! He talks about that being the ring fenced funds to cover the purchase. I think the issue is they reduced the money on top of that they owed es, because funds they thought they we due didnt appear because a transfer didnt go through. That doesnt change the using parachute payments that myself and scotchegg have said, which both charlie and stew have confirmed previously . Unless im reading that wrong
Wasn't it the EFL that insisted they use the parachute payments to guarantee paying off the bills, that was the only way the takeover could go through, that would imply the finances of the taking over group wasn't to the EFL satisfaction.

The Times reports today that loan deals for Sunderland Youth Team players to non-league teams are stalling due to Sunderland insisting on the host club paying the full wage which is not the normal state of affairs. Deals are stalling whilst a few thousand pounds are negotiated.......

The Times reports today that loan deals for Sunderland Youth Team players to non-league teams are stalling due to Sunderland insisting on the host club paying the full wage which is not the normal state of affairs. Deals are stalling whilst a few thousand pounds are negotiated.......
Potless!!! ??

That's a strange way of operating. Almost like they want their own players sat on their arses doing nothing.

The comments at the beginning of the season about not dealing with agents and not paying players who didn't want to be there. Then the comments about Lyle Taylor, and now the expectation on far smaller clubs to pay all the wages of Sunderland youth players. Add in that Maguire, Grigg and potentially Nelson are boardroom signings, there is some really naivity at Sunderland.

It'll be interesting to see if The Times is also going to be sued, or whether Charlie will go full Trump and run a podcast on fake news!!!

Suggesting the new owners will take 75%. Maybe sartori is taking control. Certainly mirroring the end of daryl days. Not for sale, could fund this club all day. If that’s the date takeovers due, then the fit and proper tests and due diligence would have started well before the interviews last week denying it

Suggesting the new owners will take 75%. Maybe sartori is taking control. Certainly mirroring the end of daryl days. Not for sale, could fund this club all day. If that’s the date takeovers due, then the fit and proper tests and due diligence would have started well before the interviews last week denying it

I look forward to more information from their official spokesman soon!

@Navegante , over to you!!!

So according to Alan Nixon's latest tweets the money is coming from the Far East, so it's not Sartori.
Interestingly, he also says "Paying too much to buy it in my view."
Could be good news for SD if true.

So according to Alan Nixon's latest tweets the money is coming from the Far East, so it's not Sartori.
Interestingly, he also says "Paying too much to buy it in my view."
Could be good news for SD if true.
It might have been better news shifting on a championship team instead of a div 1 team, I wonder how many millions that knocked off the asking price.

It might have been better news shifting on a championship team instead of a div 1 team, I wonder how many millions that knocked off the asking price.
Buy at the bottom of the market ( hopefully from the fans perspective) the potential to move the club up the pyramid gives the opportunity to make a bigger profit.

Was thinking more along the lines of the people linked to buying out SD.
Same issue though! SD would have hoped for a quick promotion and a huge profit but that didn't work out. There are no guarantees and there is still a lot of work needed to not only go up but also to stay up.

Same issue though! SD would have hoped for a quick promotion and a huge profit but that didn't work out. There are no guarantees and there is still a lot of work needed to not only go up but also to stay up.
SD has clearly managed to restructure the Sunderland finances, got rid of a lot of the highly paid players and generated interest amongst the supporters (for L1 the average attendance was huge)
So there is now clear potential and if they do take Nelson/ Maddison plus some pacy widemen, they should go up next season.
I wouldn't be surprised if some investors see the club as attractive as the potential is huge.

Of course the potential is huge, but so is the risk of failure. If the chances of success were so likely, why would SD be looking to cash out now?

The wage budget at Sunderland is huge. Cattermole himself outstrips the wage budget of pretty much every league 1 side. Then there are still a number of players of PL, Championship contracts all on several thousand a week. But it's not just the contracts they inherited, you have the likes of Wykes and Grigg who have both been signed on big contracts, and Nelson, Maddison or others will easily double their wages to go there.

They have big crowds, so revenue is also high. But the playoff semi and Wembley crowds have shown that you can't take this for granted. A growing number of their fan base are pissed by the comments of Charlie and the way they see SD as out for a quick profit. Also the novelty of being a huge fish in a small pond soon wears thin. In the conference we partied in Weymouth and took over 3/4 of the crowd at places like Stafford Rangers, but the second and third seasons were a very different experience.

So, buy Sunderland for £20m, spend a further £10m and get promotion - winner. Fail, and you find yourself desperate to sell on!

SD has clearly managed to restructure the Sunderland finances, got rid of a lot of the highly paid players and generated interest amongst the supporters (for L1 the average attendance was huge)
So there is now clear potential and if they do take Nelson/ Maddison plus some pacy widemen, they should go up next season.
I wouldn't be surprised if some investors see the club as attractive as the potential is huge.

A new Sunderland investor - thought to be US businessman Mark Campbell - has concluded a deal with Stewart Donald, where the share handover will be on June 19. (The Sun)

Of course the potential is huge, but so is the risk of failure. If the chances of success were so likely, why would SD be looking to cash out now?

The wage budget at Sunderland is huge. Cattermole himself outstrips the wage budget of pretty much every league 1 side. Then there are still a number of players of PL, Championship contracts all on several thousand a week. But it's not just the contracts they inherited, you have the likes of Wykes and Grigg who have both been signed on big contracts, and Nelson, Maddison or others will easily double their wages to go there.

They have big crowds, so revenue is also high. But the playoff semi and Wembley crowds have shown that you can't take this for granted. A growing number of their fan base are pissed by the comments of Charlie and the way they see SD as out for a quick profit. Also the novelty of being a huge fish in a small pond soon wears thin. In the conference we partied in Weymouth and took over 3/4 of the crowd at places like Stafford Rangers, but the second and third seasons were a very different experience.

So, buy Sunderland for £20m, spend a further £10m and get promotion - winner. Fail, and you find yourself desperate to sell on!
There appear to be a lot if people out there who Want to buy English football clubs hoping to get them to the PL.
I would think that due to their potential and relatively strong financial position, they may be better value than a lot of Championship clubs.

Back
Top Bottom