Stewart Donald anyone.....

When he says about being someone that gives up, does he mean betting on your team to be relegated and even then you give up on the bet by cashing out?

Good interview with Charlie here and doesn't forget his roots, or we would all (or some of us) be calling him a turncoat.

"People say football fans in this region are more passionate than elsewhere. That's not entirely true because as an Oxford fan I was as passionate and committed as anyone. "
The past tense used is more than apt!

Apart from what @Dave T quoted above, can someone tell me what lie(s) Chas told that upset Shrewsbury?
From the programme notices for Sunderland v Shrewsbury game he stated that Shrewsbury had a male only boardroom in contrast to Sunderland promoting women in business. Not the biggest slur, but also something which would have easily been shown to be inaccurate and was just lazy by Charles.

in danger of losing their cat1 academy status.

Owners just looking to make money with no affinity with the club.

Using other funds to buy the club

Turning up on the pitch and being centre of attention.

Pretty sure all things that were thrown at tiger by the man himself.

Got to wonder whose chips they've pissed on?

Something of a hatchet job. Despite the length of the article I don't think any new information has been reported here, just a mis-mash of public info along with a couple of personal slurs on our Oxon brethren. And just so happens to be on the eve of the biggest game of their season...

Jorno must be a Mag (or Pompey).

I like the way the mail has 'revealed' how the purchase was made despite it being common knowledge a year ago, and then pad the rest of the article out with speculation.

I might be missing something here, but if the parachute payments are covering the purchase price, what's paying for the losses that the club has? I know CM and SD undertook a big cost-cutting exercise, but is it large enough that the club breaks even?

Also if the £35M parachute money is paid as cash into SAFC,
then transfer to Madrox = £35M owed by Madrox to Sunderland? and Madrox pays £35M to Short?

I might be missing something here, but if the parachute payments are covering the purchase price, what's paying for the losses that the club has? I know CM and SD undertook a big cost-cutting exercise, but is it large enough that the club breaks even?

then transfer to Madrox = £35M owed by Madrox to Sunderland? and Madrox pays £35M to Short?

Thats being covered by a large bet he put on at xmas that they would fail to be promoted [emoji6]

I was wondering the same. £500k per week losses and with debt of £150m (which Short agreed to write off)
There were a number of players sold and I assume that there was a £10m's ner transfer income? Did this cover the losses this year?
Santori seems to have been omitted from the article a little?

So they got the club on tick and SD doesn’t actually have a substantial amount of cash to keep running the club. Im sure Charlie’s angels were giving Tiger grief for similar things?

Oh and for someone who didn’t like Eales, Charlie is doing well to take after him with regards to drinking with fans and handing out burgers!

This maybe a bit far fetched and not sure ? f it’s beem mentioned or not, but does anyone think albeit out debt a lot smaller but SD and CM tried to acquire is on a similar fashion but not with parachute payments but sell on clauses?

Back
Top Bottom