League Two Stevenage saved from relegation

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
The EFL wins an appeal for a harsher penalty for Macclesfield meaning they go down to the Conference and Stevenage stay in the EFL.

More:
'Macclesfield relegated, Stevenage stay up as EFL wins appeal'

All 4 teams relegated from National league have been EFL clubs, admittedly Maidstone only 1/2 seasons {Was the fat one involved there?}, but once the decline sets in its difficult to reverse. Scunny and Torquay were well established lower league clubs for many years.

All 4 teams relegated from National league have been EFL clubs, admittedly Maidstone only 1/2 seasons {Was the fat one involved there?}, but once the decline sets in its difficult to reverse. Scunny and Torquay were well established lower league clubs for many years.

Different Maidstone, this is reformed AFC Maidstone. The original went pop when they were relegated from the FL. They spent plenty of seasons as nomads outside of Maidstone a fair bit down the pyramid, iirc, until they were finally able to get their own ground back in Maidstone.

Torquay are suffering from their location now I think and youth wise Exeter tend to pick up the best locals (not picked up by PL clubs).

Yeovil is a stunning basket case. Although it's a slightly up-market Scumdon with a Teeside approach to child-care. So that's cool.

Bridport has dropped 3 divisions in 3 seasons but is recovering this season. Also has the best Guinness of any football ground I've been to.

Interesting that I think there are nine ex league sides in National North and only one in South.
I’m wondering if we’re going to get a visit from Salford next season

Interesting that I think there are nine ex league sides in National North and only one in South.
I’m wondering if we’re going to get a visit from Salford next season

Hopefully not with Salford, they are the 'Class of 92' hobby Club. Opposition fans have mentioned loads leaving mid game as Man Utd had a home game.

Yeovil is a stunning basket case. Although it's a slightly up-market Scumdon with a Teeside approach to child-care. So that's cool.

Four relegations (and no promotions) in the past ten years. That's as quick a demise as I can remember from anyone who didn't actually go bust ever!

Assume City (if they don't get promoted) may have to swtich to NLN next year? Tough to argue that Yeovil, Maidstone and Torquay shouldn't all be playing in the NLS!

Four relegations (and no promotions) in the past ten years. That's as quick a demise as I can remember from anyone who didn't actually go bust ever!

Assume City (if they don't get promoted) may have to swtich to NLN next year? Tough to argue that Yeovil, Maidstone and Torquay shouldn't all be playing in the NLS!
Damn, you’re probably right. i was thinking I might go and watch some of the them!

Yeah. There was all sorts of talk about the speed of their decline. I was briefly a passing friend of a local journalist who knew lots of Yeovil & Bridport history but I never chased him to the nub prior to his demise end of 22. Stuart Groom, may the earth take him in.

I think the club that would go north would be Bishop's Stortford.

Stevenage we’re bad enough under Wesley, but with that fat, lying, corrupt Scottish c**t, I hope they go bust.

Evans escaped a jail term because he had a ‘heart condition’. Good to see he changed his life around by losing weight and taking a stress free job.
He should have been banned for life.

Last edited:
I think the club that would go north would be Bishop's Stortford.

So if they went precisely by latitude, then I think it would actually be Braintree that went north.
(they are 51.878 N vs. 51.872 N (!) for Bishop's Stortford......vs. 51.45 N for Oxford)

The worry (for City) is that the National League will go "Eh, Braintree & BS are only 20 miles apart; they'll enjoy playing eachother, proper local derby; let's shift Oxford north - they'll have fun playing Banbury instead"

Back
Top Bottom