Statement

The way things are going with this transfer window I think if it remains the same and with the news that Whyte maybe off them the Tiger and Robinson to make a joint statement or even hold a public forum to explain what the hell is happening with our club.

I started this thread with the above post with a genuine concern, some berated more for this post but I did feel at the time with only 8 days before the start of the season things didn’t look good on the transfer front. I based this on the transfers at other clubs in our league and all the teams that are fancied to be fighting for promotion apart from Blunderland has recruited quite well and our was a slow transfer window.

Since when I started this thread there have been players brought in namely Forde, Moore, Woodburn and Ayabei. Only Woodburn and Fossu who was already here from July 1st have started. But boy watching yesterday what a transformation one touch passes movement off the ball, attacking everything winning tackles, taking the ball of opponents, it was a joy to watch.

We were first to everything it seemed Peterborough one of the fancied teams who spent to achieve promotion and tbh in the first half they couldn’t cope with what we had. We sniffed out the danger in Tony and Maddison and even though the ref wasn’t great but at least he was on top of the falling down in the area and was alive to the cheating but maybe Dembele in particular he should booked for diving.

So was my opening post premature? You may say yes but with 8 days to go I think most of you would have been slightly if not majorly concerned.

But I hold my hand up and apologise for my asking g for a statement but did feel at the time it was a worthy request.

Keep it up OUFC.... C O Y Y

I started this thread with the above post with a genuine concern, some berated more for this post but I did feel at the time with only 8 days before the start of the season things didn’t look good on the transfer front. I based this on the transfers at other clubs in our league and all the teams that are fancied to be fighting for promotion apart from Blunderland has recruited quite well and our was a slow transfer window.

Since when I started this thread there have been players brought in namely Forde, Moore, Woodburn and Ayabei. Only Woodburn and Fossu who was already here from July 1st have started. But boy watching yesterday what a transformation one touch passes movement off the ball, attacking everything winning tackles, taking the ball of opponents, it was a joy to watch.

We were first to everything it seemed Peterborough one of the fancied teams who spent to achieve promotion and tbh in the first half they couldn’t cope with what we had. We sniffed out the danger in Tony and Maddison and even though the ref wasn’t great but at least he was on top of the falling down in the area and was alive to the cheating but maybe Dembele in particular he should booked for diving.

So was my opening post premature? You may say yes but with 8 days to go I think most of you would have been slightly if not majorly concerned.

But I hold my hand up and apologise for my asking g for a statement but did feel at the time it was a worthy request.

Whilst i didn't agree with your opening i appreciate a lot of fans were getting nervous that signings were never going to happen, totally understandable. You obviously made your views public which is also fine, i'm sure many others were thinking the same but didn't have the courage to say it. You get credit in my book for acknowledging it may not have been the right thing, many on here wouldn't have done that.

And now we've signed a striker (with another to come) which will make you happy although i've never been convinced we need one player to score 20+ goals, would much prefer they are spread out across the team.

Whilst i didn't agree with your opening i appreciate a lot of fans were getting nervous that signings were never going to happen, totally understandable. You obviously made your views public which is also fine, i'm sure many others were thinking the same but didn't have the courage to say it. You get credit in my book for acknowledging it may not have been the right thing, many on here wouldn't have done that.

And now we've signed a striker (with another to come) which will make you happy although i've never been convinced we need one player to score 20+ goals, would much prefer they are spread out across the team.
Thank you for your response, as regard across the team that would be great but not always guaranteed however if Mackie, Woodburn, Ayabei and possibly Taylor put in 30+ between them then that would be good, although you would hope 2’of your strikers would score double figures so in effect that tally could be higher.

Why are you apologising? You have nothing to apologise for, Bazzer.

Don’t be guilted into it by the forum stazi who want to cleanse the forum of any views that differ from their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am sure that you made the post in frustration bazzer, but a little OTT as has been proved (and seemed at the time)

Why are you apologising? You have nothing to apologise for, Bazzer.

Don’t be guilted into it by the forum stazi who want to cleanse the forum from any views that differ from their own.

I don't think he apologised because he was forced into it, more that on reflection he's looked back and thought it wasn't appropriate to request a club statement. Nothing wrong in having concerns whether people agree with them or not, that's what make football great everyone has an opinion and no two appear the same.

Everyone should be able to hold their hands up and say that things change and so opinions change. I think many of us have changed views on robbo in the last six months.

Everyone should be able to hold their hands up and say that things change and so opinions change. I think many of us have changed views on robbo in the last six months.
100%. But that’s not the same as an apology.

I am sure that you made the post in frustration bazzer, but a little OTT as has been proved (and seemed at the time)
Maybe but with 8 days to go I think concern was setting in with a lot better f Oxford fans, but glad to be made to look a bit silly with what’s happened in ou

Back
Top Bottom