Stadium Music

jambon46

Who is responsible for the music at the ground? just thinking at Rochdale they played loads of Manc music, today at Bradford it seemed a well chosen playlist.
It would be great if we could have stadium music from our local bands Supergrass, Radiohead, Foals and mixed with current music and the team to come out to a track something to get the crowd going. Just a thought,,,,,

I agree with playing more local bands, add Ride to the list, because if anyone needs a 'Charm Assault' at the moment it's OUFC.

I reckon there’s some in the boardroom that might wince a little if “Creep” came booming over the speakers...

“High and Dry” and Let Down” probably wouldn’t make the playlist either ?

Local music for local people :)...... if the powers that be do go down that route, lets hope that some of the vast output of the Benson Beach Boy , and OUFC supporter, Sir Bald Diddley gets played too :cool:

When the 12th man initiative was in full flow I made the suggestion that for each match a fan could choose the playlist of music in the hour prior to kickoff for a small donation to the fund.

I was told at the time that they liked the idea and would look into it. Nothing ever came of it.

Just turn it bloody down though before 10 to 3 - I like to have a chat with the people who sit by me before kick off and the music is so loud you literally can't hold a conversation!

I would love it if the players came out of the tunnel to Fitter, Happier. Could segue nicely into Electioneering for the coin-toss too.

Last edited:
Would be good if the teams came out of the tunnel to something unique to OUFC

I don’t mind the music but up in the SSU it’s imposible to understand what anybody says, the team announcer or Rosie or whoever is just a muffled noise, and we pay premium prices for this.

Just turn it bloody down though before 10 to 3 - I like to have a chat with the people who sit by me before kick off and the music is so loud you literally can't hold a conversation!

This.

At the risk of being labelled an old fart, I agree completely with this. Play the music, make the announcements etc, but does it have to be so bloody loud?!?!?!?! It's impossible to have a conversation while its blaring away. If I want load music I'll go to a discotheque.

Yours, Victor Meldrew.

This.

At the risk of being labelled an old fart, I agree completely with this. Play the music, make the announcements etc, but does it have to be so bloody loud?!?!?!?! It's impossible to have a conversation while its blaring away. If I want load music I'll go to a discotheque.

Yours, Victor Meldrew.
what? What was that? ....cant hear you, the music's too loud

This.

Yours, Victor Meldrew.

Totally agree, kills the atmosphere, East Stand trying to sing over loud music.

Back
Top Bottom