General Stadium Disrepair

No as they have always been rivals, the same as the Bristol clubs. We don't have a rivalry with City.
I was joking, although maybe one day families will be split down the middle as United and City fight for the premier league title, at the moment that remains true of Manchester not Oxford.
To be honest I am blasé about Oxford City, there results barely register with me, like most of our fans.

Just three things to add to this.

Firstly, there are absolutely no plans to buy the current stadium or stay at Grenoble Road long term.

Secondly, just because there is an agreement in place to sign another 20 year lease doesn't mean that it's 20 years or nothing. I'd bet that conversations have already taken place about extending for a year or 2 if a little longer was needed to complete any new build.

And finally, Niall McWilliams might have got stick for giving time frames on the fans forum but is very heavily involved in this project and I'm glad we've got him representing the clubs long term interests.
Heard exactly the same from my sauce and the last point cannot be stressed enough, he gets a lot of stick but is very actively involved in the stadium discussions like you say

I was joking, although maybe one day families will be split down the middle as United and City fight for the premier league title, at the moment that remains true of Manchester not Oxford.
To be honest I am blasé about Oxford City, there results barely register with me, like most of our fans.

I guess I already am. My dad follows 'the City' and I'm very much United. There's no animosity and we both go and watch each other's sides from time to time.

City's current status is something we as the bigger club should be leveraging. They're playing at the highest ever level they've ever reached and we can (and do) send our youngsters out there to develop. It's much better that we can do that than when City played down in the Hellenic Leagues. It makes geographical sense, both parties benefit and the level is sufficiently taxing to improve our final year youngsters. A spell at Hampton & Richmond in the NLS did Shandon Baptiste no harm. City are our NLS representative and Woking seemingly have taken on the honour in the NL. All useful sides to us.

I would too be very surprised if they were aiming for a FL place though. That would cost a hell of a lot and would need them to overhaul Court Place Farm. Their ceiling really is maximum 750 home fans per match so on a par with Boreham Wood who have been dangerously close to the FL too. Maybe they would lure a few home fans from us but I don't see it and I can only see them struggling if they managed to go one step further.

As for developing CPF as a ground for ourselves, jog on. No hope of that whatsoever. It's essentially as big as it is going to be and works as a multi-sports complex. Essentially for a new ground you need virgin ground.

Heard exactly the same from my sauce and the last point cannot be stressed enough, he gets a lot of stick but is very actively involved in the stadium discussions like you say

Niall is as close as we could get to having a fan representative on the board, and whilst not being as charismatic as some may want, is definitely on "our" side.

Just three things to add to this.

Firstly, there are absolutely no plans to buy the current stadium or stay at Grenoble Road long term.

Secondly, just because there is an agreement in place to sign another 20 year lease doesn't mean that it's 20 years or nothing. I'd bet that conversations have already taken place about extending for a year or 2 if a little longer was needed to complete any new build.

And finally, Niall McWilliams might have got stick for giving time frames on the fans forum but is very heavily involved in this project and I'm glad we've got him representing the clubs long term interests.
100% this ^^

No way is either following or wishing City well the same for reading/Wycombe. City represent the same city, not to mention they have a few of our players on loan or ex players plying their trade.

Which is a great way to develop our players, doesn't make me want to support them as a football club. Plenty of cities have two/three clubs, it's not really a justification

We must be getting on reasonably lately with the stadium company otherwise they would not have agreed to the late change to Sunday.
Lets just hope that the legacy of our current owners isnt just a better relationship with Firoka..

I havent yet read subsequent posts but, after three years of tenuous ‘things are progressing’ snippets and little else to go on, Im afraid Im also in the ‘remain to be convinced of any substantial progress’ camp.

But then I am a cynical old bastard.. 😁

Worrying to think your levity has caused consternation for several true supporters.

Just hope little Kim doesn't see this.

I'm like Trump to little Kim! Lots of threats and bluster, but we'll soon have a beautiful relationship to share with the world.

Back
Top Bottom