League One Squad Valuations 2018/19

AbbeyOx

was bored earlier, and looking through other fans forums came across this

don't know how accurate it is but according to that our squad is in 6th place worth 7.2 million.
Scunthorpe 2nd at nearly 10 million. they are badly underperforming and sit just outside the relegation zone.
no surprise Sunderland top with squad worth just under 23 million
Bradford squad bit more than ours but set for league 2 next season

apologies if this has been covered before but thought it was an interesting read

That's a funny old list and comparing it to league position when some of those players (Sinclair for one) haven't been at those clubs since the start of the season but only since late in January gives a very false impression. I also think that the valuations of (and money paid for) Prem youngsters doesn't always equate to the effect that they might have on a L1 team.

That's a funny old list and comparing it to league position when some of those players (Sinclair for one) haven't been at those clubs since the start of the season but only since late in January gives a very false impression. I also think that the valuations of (and money paid for) Prem youngsters doesn't always equate to the effect that they might have on a L1 team.

We also have players like branagan and white that could fetch more than that figure

Interesting read. Funny how struggling teams valued at more than well performing ones

like I said, don't know how accurate it is but gives a rough idea and maybe isn't that far away from being correct. just thought it was interesting to see how some teams are performing compared to their worth.
was just a boring sunday on the internet

Perhaps a more accurate way of doing it would be to take an average of the value of players on the pitch over a season for each club. A whole lot of work though! And I wonder if injured players (Hall, Carruthers) with a decent value are included?

It's an interesting discussion point though, AbbeyOx (y)

I think the major underachievers are Sunderland. With the squad and money they have at their disposal, they should have nailed an auto-promotion spot weeks ago.

Its using Transfermarkt, which I don't always think reflects true value. Just a few values of the current squad from there:

Sam Long (50k)
Scott Shearer (100k)
Simon Eastwood (200k)
Curtis Nelson (250k)
Cameron Brannagan (250k)
Jonathan Obika (250k)
Rob Hall (400k)
Ahmed Kashi (700k)
Jamie Mackie (£1 million)

Meanwhile it doesn't have anything listed yet for Dickie, Whyte, Sykes or Baptiste, among others.

Its using Transfermarkt, which I don't always think reflects true value. Just a few values of the current squad from there:

Sam Long (50k)
Scott Shearer (100k)
Simon Eastwood (200k)
Curtis Nelson (250k)
Cameron Brannagan (250k)
Jonathan Obika (250k)
Rob Hall (400k)
Ahmed Kashi (700k)

Meanwhile it doesn't have anything listed yet for Dickie, Whyte, Sykes or Baptiste, among others.

Tiger's just spat out his cocopops at the Jamie Mackie valuation! What's Thai for "sell, sell, sell"?

Well the fact Obika is worth £250,000 shows that up to be B*****s, the same as Brannagan and Nelson ?.

If he wasn’t out of contract and we put him up for sale for a fiver we would be laughed at.

Well the fact Obika is worth £250,000 shows that up to be B*****s, the same as Brannagan and Nelson ?.

If he wasn’t out of contract and we put him up for sale for a fiver we would be laughed at.
maybe our roundabout loving, sixfingered 'friends' down the a420, plying their trade in L2 next season, might take Beeks back for a fee? :unsure:.....or maybe, if Beeks , post recovering from injury, hits similar form as certain other injured players on oufc books have done in recent weeks, KR will decide to keep him for next season ?

Anyone who can value Curtis Nelson the same as Jon Obika, or Obika more than Simon Eastwood needs to get another job!

Sam Long (50k)
Scott Shearer (100k)
Simon Eastwood (200k)
Curtis Nelson (250k)
Cameron Brannagan (250k)
Jonathan Obika (250k)
Rob Hall (400k)
Ahmed Kashi (700k)

lol
I think if we were to put everyone up for sale now we might get £2.5m tops, and much would be Whyte £1m, Brannagan>250k, Kashi (if we owned him) >250k, Easty £150k and peanuts (50-150) for the rest. Probably not much difference with most L1 clubs - £1m for Mackie would be nice :)

maybe our roundabout loving, sixfingered 'friends' down the a420, plying their trade in L2 next season, might take Beeks back for a fee? :unsure:.....or maybe, if Beeks , post recovering from injury, hits similar form as certain other injured players on oufc books have done in recent weeks, KR will decide to keep him for next season ?

He is out of contract so available for free in the summer, still expensive for him though.

Back
Top Bottom