Squad next year

I would personally move on Obika, Thomas and Mousinho, not good enough in a promotion chasing team, keep Charlie as good back up, this squad needs transforming to turn things around, think there’s better out there

I’ve got quite a lot of time for Thomas. He used to be accused of being lazy but since Robinson has been here he’s proved to be anything but. He’s worked really hard defensively for the greater good of the team, getting back and making several good defensive headers at corners etc. It’s just a shame the goals have dried up when they’ve been most needed.

I’ve got quite a lot of time for Thomas. He used to be accused of being lazy but since Robinson has been here he’s proved to be anything but. He’s worked really hard defensively for the greater good of the team, getting back and making several good defensive headers at corners etc. It’s just a shame the goals have dried up when they’ve been most needed.

I know what you mean. I think the lazy tag is unfair for Thomas. He uses energy doing the hard work that’s often unseen such as dragging markers away or running for a lost cause if just to make a defender go with him.

My main issue with him is that you’re never going to get more than 30 games maximum out of him. The injuries do seem to pile up and at 31 can we see those improving? His days of picking up 40+ appearances in a season are long gone so I’d be looking for a more physically robust striker for the new season.

I know what you mean. I think the lazy tag is unfair for Thomas. He uses energy doing the hard work that’s often unseen such as dragging markers away or running for a lost cause if just to make a defender go with him.

My main issue with him is that you’re never going to get more than 30 games maximum out of him. The injuries do seem to pile up and at 31 can we see those improving? His days of picking up 40+ appearances in a season are long gone so I’d be looking for a more physically robust striker for the new season.

I'm not saying he's our main striker next season, I just wouldn't want us to get rid of all our strikers over the summer. Either Thomas or Obika stays, and we get a couple of new strikers over the summer.

I'd still rather keep one player in each position that we know how to work with from this season.

The usual Robles with Thomas and Obila
Injured them much and I think after yesterday working with Obika hasn’t worked, and as Regard Mehmeti and GVK this league is to strong for them

Back
Top Bottom