Squad for playoffs

OUFCwaffle

With Holland being the only absentee so far we look a seriously strong side.

My preferred lineup would be...

----Browne----Taylor-------Henry

-------------Sykes-----Brannagan

-----------------Gorrin

Ruffels---Mousinho----Dickie----Long

----------------Eastwood

Subs:
Mackie (ST)
Agyei (ST / W)
Forde (W)
Woodburn (CM / ST)
Kelly (if available) (CM)
Moore (CB)
Stevens (GK)

Rotation is obviously key though and I would swap around Mous for Moore, Skyes for Woodburn and Agyei or Mackie for Taylor.
It depends on how long we get between matches, I assume this would be at least 1 week.
What we wouldn't want is to play Taylor for 180 mins vs Pompey and then he's knackered for the final.

All in all though that squad is absolutely filth and I cannot wait for it.

Given there’s only two days between the first and second leg of the semi final, you’d assume there will have to be some rotation in the starting lineups for both games. The final itself is a week later so that should be fine. Hopefully Robinson will use his extra subs well in the first leg of the semi as that could be key to keeping fitness and fresh legs for the second, people like James Henry playing maybe 60-70 mins in the first and then starting the second? Also in the second leg bringing on Dan Agyei to run at a tiring defence.

What are the rules for subs? 9 on (a very long) bench and can use up to 5 in a match or did I dream that? Are yellow cards reset? If not, Dickie stays as captain.

What are the rules for subs? 9 on (a very long) bench and can use up to 5 in a match or did I dream that? Are yellow cards reset? If not, Dickie stays as captain.
think I read similar about 9 subs, with up to 5 being used? .... was a while ago though, cant recall if it was a proposal or something that was coming into use?

With Holland being the only absentee so far we look a seriously strong side.

My preferred lineup would be...

----Browne----Taylor-------Henry

-------------Sykes-----Brannagan

-----------------Gorrin

Ruffels---Mousinho----Dickie----Long

----------------Eastwood

Subs:
Mackie (ST)
Agyei (ST / W)
Forde (W)
Woodburn (CM / ST)
Kelly (if available) (CM)
Moore (CB)
Stevens (GK)

Rotation is obviously key though and I would swap around Mous for Moore, Skyes for Woodburn and Agyei or Mackie for Taylor.
It depends on how long we get between matches, I assume this would be at least 1 week.
What we wouldn't want is to play Taylor for 180 mins vs Pompey and then he's knackered for the final.

All in all though that squad is absolutely filth and I cannot wait for it.
As BC said, plus Thorne with Napa and Hanson as well, that makes 10 available for the bench plus Jones as back-up. Looks great at the moment but lose two or three key players and it could be a different storey. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom