National News Speed limiters fitted to all new cars 'soon' ?

Another view could be that there already speed limiters in place on uk roads. Theyre called pot holes and road works :sneaky:

Not sure that I like this idea. Sometimes it is better to floor the accelerator instead of braking. Just sometimes.
During my driving test (many years ago) I turned right onto the Iffley Road and suddenly there was a car coming from the right. I gave gas to get out of his way and continued with the test. But I thought well that's me failed. But at the end the exminor mentioned that moment but gave me a pass because my reaction was the right action.

I don't think that any computer that stops such a reaction, in the right situation, would make road safer. My last car,a Renault Laguna, had a s[peed limiter which I used on roads known to have speed cameras which probably saved me from fines. But I could override it by flooring the pedal very fast. If that is still available then okay. But with no override then I think it is a bad idea.

I believe it is intended that there will be an override you can do each time you turn the car on, but it seems to be legislating for legislatings sake.

Autonomous vehicles are the future. Enjoy ragging the Jag now before its too late....
I do tend to, where its safe to do so ;) ..... and when riding my classic vespa &Lambretta scooters ;)

I can't help thinking there will be healthy black market economy for those who can override such limits or provide software/gadgets to do so.

Well yes. I suspect that the type who will have their car 'delimited' are (in general) the worst offenders!

An old colleague of mine used to take his nice Motorbike to the garage to have the legal exhaust pipe fitted for the MOT and go back there when it passed to have it taken off again.. Seems to be a legislation for the sake of it from the EU.

An old colleague of mine used to take his nice Motorbike to the garage to have the legal exhaust pipe fitted for the MOT and go back there when it passed to have it taken off again.. Seems to be a legislation for the sake of it from the EU.

Iirc, a lot of the work for this was done by British authorities so you'll have to blame them ahead of the EU.

If and when we actually leave the EU, everyone who currently blames them for absolutely everything they don't like will have to find a new scapegoat. But when we have 'taken back control', I nominate our useless politicians - they won't be able to blame the EU either!

Iirc, a lot of the work for this was done by British authorities so you'll have to blame them ahead of the EU.
Doesn't matter though... Still legislation for the sake of it and just another law to half arsedly employ for member states.
If and when we actually leave the EU, everyone who currently blames them for absolutely everything they don't like will have to find a new scapegoat. But when we have 'taken back control', I nominate our useless politicians - they won't be able to blame the EU either!
And it makes our MPs more accountable and thus removable from the job at the ballot box. Win, win.

And it makes our MPs more accountable and thus removable from the job at the ballot box. Win, win.
Wrong thread, but people will just blame 'politicians' while claiming that their own constituency MP does good work locally, only voted because of the whips, it's the oppositions fault, or social media or the BBC or ... And if you deselect an MP out they will just elect another one wearing the same rosette in most constituencies anyway - one chosen by the party hierarchy or a bunch of old duffers in the local branch. Should MPs be more accountable? Yes. Is leaving the EU going to make that happen? Holding UK MPs to greater account is not a reason for leaving the EU. Maybe having an overarching body to protect the environment, workers rights etc might be a good thing when you look at the venal, incompetent lot in Westminster.

One "driver awareness course" should be enough for any sane/mortal human. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just change the law so if you get 3 speeding offences in less than 5 years its a life ban. Folk will learn.

And crush the car............

Wrong thread, but people will just blame 'politicians' while claiming that their own constituency MP does good work locally, only voted because of the whips, it's the oppositions fault, or social media or the BBC or ... And if you deselect an MP out they will just elect another one wearing the same rosette in most constituencies anyway - one chosen by the party hierarchy or a bunch of old duffers in the local branch. Should MPs be more accountable? Yes. Is leaving the EU going to make that happen? Holding UK MPs to greater account is not a reason for leaving the EU. Maybe having an overarching body to protect the environment, workers rights etc might be a good thing when you look at the venal, incompetent lot in Westminster.
Having a local MP means you mean meet someone face to face who understands local needs and while they can't wave a magic wand to resolve things, it allows more change to occur and more relevance to our issues. Where now, it's what the EU give is, can no longer be an excuse as a bland sort of excuse at times.

Doesn't matter though... Still legislation for the sake of it and just another law to half arsedly employ for member states.

It does matter if you are falsely going to blame the EU.

Perhaps your mate should just fit a legal exhaust and be done then...

Back
Top Bottom