Spain sack Julen Lopetegui

Say what you want, but there's no f*cking around there from the Spanish FA.
Can you imagine the wet farts in London doing anything in the same situation?
May very well galvanise the team, I'm sure the coaches know what the starting XI would be in any case.

Why is it in football that sacking is the standard punishment for anything at all. I mean this guy sorted out his next job as soon as the role was available and it wouldn't have affected his managing the national side at the world cup...

Say what you want, but there's no f*cking around there from the Spanish FA.
Can you imagine the wet farts in London doing anything in the same situation?
May very well galvanise the team, I'm sure the coaches know what the starting XI would be in any case.
The FA didn't do anything rash when they had this situation, they kept Bobby Robson on when announced he was going to PSV after the 1990 World Cup, and the stability enabled us to get to the semi finals. Changing the manager now is just ludicrous. He is stuck with the squad already picked, even if there are players he doesn't want there and ones sitting at home that he may like.

Why is it in football that sacking is the standard punishment for anything at all. I mean this guy sorted out his next job as soon as the role was available and it wouldn't have affected his managing the national side at the world cup...
Er he has just signed an extension to his contract and according to the Spanish FA dod this totally behind their backs and wouldnt delay the announcement until after the WC.
Serves him right if that is all true

What angered the new Spanish FA President was that they were never told that the talks were happening and they only found out 5 mins before Real announced it. He also asked that Real delay announcing it but they refused.

As the President is new he is trying to stamp his authority so not be pushed around by Real/Barcelona. Pretty s**t of Real and the manager not to inform the Spanish FA of their negotiations until 5 mins of announcing it so seems a reasonable response to me to sack him. Real obviously don't care about disrupting the Spanish team just before a World Cup and the manager must have been somewhat distracted by this.

Er he has just signed an extension to his contract and according to the Spanish FA dod this totally behind their backs and wouldnt delay the announcement until after the WC.
Serves him right if that is all true
I didn't know that, i thought i'd read he was leaving after the world cup so was just sorting our his future job.

Still though, no matter how pissed off you are at him for signing up with Real behind your back, surely you wait til after the World Cup before taking him to town for contract violation, rather than disrupting the camp 2 days before your first WC match?!

Smacks of deliberately trying to deny him a dream of managing his national team at the world cup.

They've made themselves the scapegoat if the team underperform this year, whereas it would have been the manager/Real Madrid if he'd stayed.

Smacks of deliberately trying to deny him a dream of managing his national team at the world cup.

They've made themselves the scapegoat if the team underperform this year, whereas it would have been the manager/Real Madrid if he'd stayed.

Of course it is deliberate, quite difficult to have an accidental sacking. If I'm assuming correctly (apologies if not), why would the Spanish FA have an agenda/another reason to deny him managing at a World Cup other than the obvious that he has shown utter disloyalty by not even informing them he was in talks or that he had accepted the Real job?

Of course it is deliberate, quite difficult to have an accidental sacking. If I'm assuming correctly (apologies if not), why would the Spanish FA have an agenda/another reason to deny him managing at a World Cup other than the obvious that he has shown utter disloyalty by not even informing them he was in talks or that he had accepted the Real job?

What I mean is that they may have not thought about whether he is the right man to win them a world cup this year, despite the fact he has taken a new job on.

This is going to be much more disruptive to Spain's preparations than keeping him on and letting him do the job. So their motivations could be purely to harm him by not letting him continue to manage the team, rather than making the decision for the good of the national team.

wow, this is bonkers! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44467548 2 days before the first game, looks like madrid could be charged (ofcourse they wont) with "tapping up"
Grt news. We will beat them now in the knock out stages, on the way to winning the WC 2018. On the back of the win, Boris, Gove and Mogg dispose of flip flop May and we have a ultra hard Brexit and we sail off back to 1850 and the Great British Empire! :)

What I mean is that they may have not thought about whether he is the right man to win them a world cup this year, despite the fact he has taken a new job on.

This is going to be much more disruptive to Spain's preparations than keeping him on and letting him do the job. So their motivations could be purely to harm him by not letting him continue to manage the team, rather than making the decision for the good of the national team.

Clearly they thought he was, until his and Real going behind their back, as he had only signed a contract extension in May that would have taken him to the Euros 2020.

Apparently it has split the players as well so keeping him may have been more disruptive than sacking him. This way it stops any antagonism between players over this and they can unite under the coach taking over for the World Cup.

Clearly they thought he was, until his and Real going behind their back, as he had only signed a contract extension in May that would have taken him to the Euros 2020.

Apparently it has split the players as well so keeping him may have been more disruptive than sacking him. This way it stops any antagonism between players over this and they can unite under the coach taking over for the World Cup.

Well, the new coach is going to be Fernando Hierro - who had a storied playing career (mostly with Real, of course) but has all of one season's managerial experience.....and that was in the Spanish second tier.

Maybe he can bring the squad together in an 'Us against the world' fashion.

Or maybe he'll make a bunch of dumb rookie mistakes, the squad will splinter and Spain will crash out early - just like they always used to pre-2010.

Whoever you point the finger at.....it's a ridiculous situation to find yourself in. Ronaldo will be laughing his head off today!

Fortunately they've got a nice easy game to start with so that everyone can settle into the new setup

Well, the new coach is going to be Fernando Hierro - who had a storied playing career (mostly with Real, of course) but has all of one season's managerial experience.....and that was in the Spanish second tier.

Maybe he can bring the squad together in an 'Us against the world' fashion.

Or maybe he'll make a bunch of dumb rookie mistakes, the squad will splinter and Spain will crash out early - just like they always used to pre-2010.

Whoever you point the finger at.....it's a ridiculous situation to find yourself in. Ronaldo will be laughing his head off today!
Could always draft in coneman the catalanian aka pep clotet to help with team bonding ?:LOL:

Grt news. We will beat them now in the knock out stages, on the way to winning the WC 2018. On the back of the win, Boris, Gove and Mogg dispose of flip flop May and we have a ultra hard Brexit and we sail off back to 1850 and the Great British Empire! :)

How you have managed to go from the Spainish sacking a football manager to us regaining our empire via brexit in a single paragraph is impressive, bit nuts but impressive.

And he gets what he wants by going now. Naive from their FA.
I reckon that Real dropped their new manager in it. Why didnt they simply announce it after the WC (which he apparently wanted).
What he and Real did was totally out of order. Sure by sacking him Spain have reduced their chances significantly.
I just simply dont get why it wasnt announced in what 3-4 weeks time.
Real seem to think that they are above it all .mm

Back
Top Bottom