Home Match Day Thread Southend Saturday - what can we do?

Osei Yaw

Tonight is a big, bitter pill to swallow, but we need points on the board so there isn't time to dwell on it.

The support tonight was excellent, but now we really need to pull together in the same direction and us as fans can have a massive impact. I am sure that Robinson will pick the team back up and get them motivated for Saturday, just like they were tonight, but what can we as fans do?

I have no idea how long it takes to organise a display, and I really wouldn't know how you go about it, but (FAO Ultras) could this be possible for Saturday? I would happily chip in time and money to make it happen if it can.

Has anyone got any other ideas how we as fans could do something positive to lift the players and fellow fans on Saturday?

I'd agree with you, but it's f*****g Southend. Not even sure there is any point in trying - they always win. :mad:

edit: Since Wilder, in the league we've lost 10 times, draw twice and won once...
Last win being August 2012, almost 6 years
http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/fixture/2012-08-21/

Well, records were made to be broken. Positive feelings and thoughts will win us the day.

Imagine us winning againt Southend, then imagine us beating them again next season in league 1. One thing at a time, we'll be fine.

COYY

Last edited:
Alex Evans played for us last time we beat Southend.

Seems to have been his only game as a professional footballer.

!

We all just need to be up for it Saturday, wish the club would stop playing that yellow submarine shite when the team comes out for the 2nd half. We need something upbeat to get things going!

with the promise of £20 off next seasons season ticket for those who have one this season Give FREE ADMISSION to get every fan past present and future to the game.
Empty seats or a full ground with a potential atmosphere like scum Swansea Newcastle etc

Anyone know any Ultras that post on here? If anyone is capable of pulling off a display or something to inspire the team and rest of the fans on Saturday, it's them.

Failing that I will have to get on the blower to Alex Evans (who?) and see if he fancies a game.

For those wavered, thinking it’s a waste of time, one fan can’t make a difference, you bloody well can. We need 7000 home fans as Southend will bring a few. Lots of yellow.
Does anyone have a contact for the ultras? There are many that will contribute to some kind of display

For those wavered, thinking it’s a waste of time, one fan can’t make a difference, you bloody well can. We need 7000 home fans as Southend will bring a few. Lots of yellow.
Does anyone have a contact for the ultras? There are many that will contribute to some kind of display

Yes, this. Absolutely.

This season has been one to forget but our fate is in our hands. Everyone needs to pull together, including the fans.

Do the Ultras still have the 'Time For Heroes' banner up at games? Very apt at the moment.

Yes, this. Absolutely.

This season has been one to forget but our fate is in our hands. Everyone needs to pull together, including the fans.

Do the Ultras still have the 'Time For Heroes' banner up at games? Very apt at the moment.

They currently do, yes

The Time for Heroes banner needs repairing (currently at my house!), but I'll get them to bring it back out for the back wall if they're careful with it.

No time for a specific display but I'll help spread the word to get everything in the armoury out for Saturday. Likewise with other fans, dig out the wavers you've got in the back of your cupboards!

I might even bring out our family one from 1986, see if it can bring any magic :) (look out for a purple flag where it's faded from blue!)

The Time for Heroes banner needs repairing (currently at my house!), but I'll get them to bring it back out for the back wall if they're careful with it.

No time for a specific display but I'll help spread the word to get everything in the armoury out for Saturday. Likewise with other fans, dig out the wavers you've got in the back of your cupboards!

I might even bring out our family one from 1986, see if it can bring any magic :) (look out for a purple flag where it's faded from blue!)

Thanks for responding. I appreciate Saturday is too soon for a coordinated display but how about Rochdale? I have got everything crossed that we'll be safe by then but if not then that is obviously a huge huge game and I for one would be willing to pitch in time and money to help get something sorted. Even if we are safe by then, it could help convince Rothwell, Ledson and Nelson to stay another year and other targets to sign with us for the coming season.

Got lots of yellow and blue balloons going out in the South Stand Saturday, and hopefully a "We believe" banner for opposite the teams when they line up. Asking everyone to bring their flags/balloons /banners and their voices, COYY.

Got lots of yellow and blue balloons going out in the South Stand Saturday, and hopefully a "We believe" banner for opposite the teams when they line up. Asking everyone to bring their flags/balloons /banners and their voices, COYY.

Oh know, bloody balloons. They’ll spend the first 15mins clearing them off the pitch.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate Saturday is too soon for a coordinated display but how about Rochdale? I have got everything crossed that we'll be safe by then but if not then that is obviously a huge huge game and I for one would be willing to pitch in time and money to help get something sorted. Even if we are safe by then, it could help convince Rothwell, Ledson and Nelson to stay another year and other targets to sign with us for the coming season.

I’d imagine the Ultras would be on the sambuca boat for Rochdale, so don’t think a display will be possible.

Fortunately there will be a day where we beat them again there is no way they can play us Forexample 20 more times and win every single one. It's the same with us and Swindon,we hate to admit it but there will be a day where they get the better of us.

Play like we did Tuesday and surely we win 1 of these 5 games?

On Saturday we need to get on the refs back try to pressure him into making a big decision in our favour, the players need to do this aswell.

Crowd the ref. They don't do that enough watching last Saturday after the tackle on Kane 2 players went to the ref. FIGHT for eachother. And then Tuesday barely any appeals for the penalty. APPEAL everything and you'll get one.

As fans we have to up the noise 2x as loud as it was on Tuesday make Southend feel uncomfortable.

L
Fortunately there will be a day where we beat them again there is no way they can play us Forexample 20 more times and win every single one. It's the same with us and Swindon,we hate to admit it but there will be a day where they get the better of us.

Play like we did Tuesday and surely we win 1 of these 5 games?

On Saturday we need to get on the refs back try to pressure him into making a big decision in our favour, the players need to do this aswell.

Crowd the ref. They don't do that enough watching last Saturday after the tackle on Kane 2 players went to the ref. FIGHT for eachother. And then Tuesday barely any appeals for the penalty. APPEAL everything and you'll get one.

As fans we have to up the noise 2x as loud as it was on Tuesday make Southend feel uncomfortable.

Loud hailers at the ready.

Back
Top Bottom