Match Buildup Southend Away

Mellowyellow

Why have the football gods done this to us???? Still another week to wait before we can see a game of football.
Mind you, it is a game that is there for the winning, with players back, the form we are in as well as their poor form.
Yes we never win at Southend, but this time surely has to be different.
If ticket numbers are anything to go by, we have sold 465 already, for a game where most pay at the ground.
How many do people think we will take to this? 1200 would be good for a team in our current form.

I think we'll take 1200 - 1500. Train, few bevvies in London and then Southend. Time to get a result there!!

The normal allocation for away supporters is 1,200 apparently (the whils end is around 2,200)
I reckon around 1,000 but maybe it could be close to having to open other sections?

The normal allocation for away supporters is 1,200 apparently (the whils end is around 2,200)
I reckon around 1,000 but maybe it could be close to having to open other sections?
ticket n travel info OWS .... Havent got a clue what the 'charge' for Emergency services entails ( or if its worth 'purchasing') though? Not heard of an additional charge for 'emergency services' when visiting an away ground before? - assume its police, fire n ambulance but, who actually knows?

ticket n travel info OWS .... Havent got a clue what the 'charge' for Emergency services entails ( or if its worth 'purchasing') though? Not heard of an additional charge for 'emergency services' when visiting an away ground before? - assume its police, fire n ambulance but, who actually knows?

Maybe it is discounted tickets for those working in the emergency services?
It's not clear is it?

If more away fans than expected turn up, they'll just open another block. I remember a game there (that we actually won) when loads turned up and we ended up having the whole end. They just kept opening more as more people arrived.

If more away fans than expected turn up, they'll just open another block. I remember a game there (that we actually won) when loads turned up and we ended up having the whole end. They just kept opening more as more people arrived.

Was that the 1-0 win. Jefferson Louis with the goal of the post?

Worryingly no team in the top 5 divisions have lost their last 5 league games in a row. Despite some shocking form amongst teams towards the bottom of each division, in every case they have a draw or win somewhere in their last 5. Southend have a draw and 4 losses. Have to hope OUFC can break that trend and enable Southend to achieve this consistency of poor results honour. But we didn’t fire on all cylinders after our break last year. Maybe see the same again this time. Hope not but it’s a horrible place to go. A draw!

Filled a car load and we’ll be making our way from Wantage for Saturday’s game. I’d have thought at least 1000 Oxford will travel given the time since our last meaningful fixture.

COYY’s!

It's just for you Sarge - covers costs in case you cause any trouble. Also covers the proverbial "f*****g ambulance" for going home in.

Southend have a cheaper ticket price for those that can prove they are members of the emergency services. Nice touch to give for away fans too.

For fans travelling from central London, be aware that West Ham : Spurs is a 12:30 kick-off, so Liverpool Street / Jubilee line will be busier than usual.

I think there may be a few rail issues in Southend itself or there were some planned. I think we're going to Southend Central and walking the final little bit.

Back
Top Bottom