Fan's View Songs

There were two of us from the old ultras there yesterday. There used to be 30/40 a game.

For the first 25 minutes we started every song. Between the two of us.

If other people bothered to start a song, and of course join in, it wouldn’t be an issue. Makes you think eh.
As a matter of interest are the other ultras going to games but sitting elsewhere or have they stopped going?

Alright fellas

I had a strange and some may say a wild thought come over me, over these past few days. Our support through this season has been excellent, especially away from home. However sometimes throughout this season I feel our home support at times has lacked a little bit, and I think those who were there can I agree that the noise on Saturday was just not there and the atmosphere was dire. I’ve been trying to think of ways we can bring more atmosphere into the ground and tried to pick up inspiration from all over the place, especially abroad in other countries. And there is a running theme with all these clubs who create an eletric atmosphere for there team, and that is a designated singing area. There are a few clubs in league one whos fans make tons of noise, e.g the likes of Bolton and Pompey and clubs like that. But I want Oxford to be the club we’re people say, “bloody hell were the oxford fans good today, some of the best in League one and up and down the country”. It may seem wild and out of the blue, but what about a designated sort of so called “ultras group” behind the goal in the east stand. I’m not saying hundreds of flares and pyros, but a designated part of the east stand where flags and the odd pyros and tifos are shown to get behind the boys . I’m not saying we’re gonna turn into Napoli and Ajax and the big German ultras over night, but something like this would bring a whole different level of atmosphere, not just to Oxford, but league one itself. I think the closest thing to ultras in England would be the crystal ultras behind the goal, if you look at them, there not setting of flares and pyros every game, but they have a drum, massive flags and banners, the odd tifo hear and there, marches to the stadium,all dressed in black and have great choreography. and I think something like this at Oxford will really help get behind the players and the staff, and would be a key part towards our playoff charge next season. I am aware of our old ultra group that fell apart, so why no make a new group and get the old atmosphere back I think if we can get 100-200 people on board, and we get our season tickets next season in a designated place, then why not go for it.

What are your thoughts?

Alright fellas

I had a strange and some may say a wild thought come over me, over these past few days. Our support through this season has been excellent, especially away from home. However sometimes throughout this season I feel our home support at times has lacked a little bit, and I think those who were there can I agree that the noise on Saturday was just not there and the atmosphere was dire. I’ve been trying to think of ways we can bring more atmosphere into the ground and tried to pick up inspiration from all over the place, especially abroad in other countries. And there is a running theme with all these clubs who create an eletric atmosphere for there team, and that is a designated singing area. There are a few clubs in league one whos fans make tons of noise, e.g the likes of Bolton and Pompey and clubs like that. But I want Oxford to be the club we’re people say, “bloody hell were the oxford fans good today, some of the best in League one and up and down the country”. It may seem wild and out of the blue, but what about a designated sort of so called “ultras group” behind the goal in the east stand. I’m not saying hundreds of flares and pyros, but a designated part of the east stand where flags and the odd pyros and tifos are shown to get behind the boys . I’m not saying we’re gonna turn into Napoli and Ajax and the big German ultras over night, but something like this would bring a whole different level of atmosphere, not just to Oxford, but league one itself. I think the closest thing to ultras in England would be the crystal ultras behind the goal, if you look at them, there not setting of flares and pyros every game, but they have a drum, massive flags and banners, the odd tifo hear and there, marches to the stadium,all dressed in black and have great choreography. and I think something like this at Oxford will really help get behind the players and the staff, and would be a key part towards our playoff charge next season. I am aware of our old ultra group that fell apart, so why no make a new group and get the old atmosphere back I think if we can get 100-200 people on board, and we get our season tickets next season in a designated place, then why not go for it.

What are your thoughts?
I always think singing fans need to be sat apart in groups of get others in the stadium singing.

But good luck. Something needs to be done.

I think if we could get a safe standing section for the central block half way up to the back of the stand that would definitely help.
Some games are better than others but the MK game seemed noisier than most lately.
Our ground is not good for a wall of sound and it doesn’t help that the away fans can sound louder especially if you listen on the radio because they are directly opposite

I think if we could get a safe standing section for the central block half way up to the back of the stand that would definitely help.
Some games are better than others but the MK game seemed noisier than most lately.
Our ground is not good for a wall of sound and it doesn’t help that the away fans can sound louder especially if you listen on the radio because they are directly opposite
those upwardly slanting , high roofs at the breeze block are not conducive to loud crowd noise

conversely, the old London road end, with its low roof, amplified the crowd noise

I really hope, if/when |Stratfield Brake is built that the stadium designers factor crowd acoustics into their plans

those upwardly slanting , high roofs at the breeze block are not conducive to loud crowd noise

conversely, the old London road end, with its low roof, amplified the crowd noise

I really hope, if/when |Stratfield Brake is built that the stadium designers factor crowd acoustics into their plans
Me too Sarge however hard we try we can never recreate the atmosphere at the Manor. Those old grounds are great look at Luton I bet no club relishes going there and they might be in the top tier next season, what an advantage to have
I really hope the new stadium has no space or very little between the pitch and the stands

That would require Firoka to spend some money.......... and then invoice the Club multiplied by "pick a number".

Unlikely.

Old school way - buy ST`s along the back couple of rows, job done.

Spread those who will start "noise" out a bit and it will work better.

That would require Firoka to spend some money.......... and then invoice the Club multiplied by "pick a number".

Unlikely.

Ye I agree, I just feel like we need something like an ultras section sorted for next season, something I’d be happy organising

Unlikely.

Sorry I forgot about GOB when I posted that.

Will have to wait until the new stadium then

Alright fellas

What are your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom