Some BS of FB

Another thing , just looking back the members numbers have gone right down on here , the old Yellows 2.5k and the TIU over 8.5k.
Now less then 1k.

Another thing , just looking back the members numbers have gone right down on here , the old Yellows 2.5k and the TIU over 8.5k.
Now less then 1k.

Quality over quantity [emoji6]

• React
Reactions: UTM
I guess forums are pretty archaic now!

I feel at home here though. I’m not joking when I say that it’s the only online place I get to have (usually) reasoned arguments about brexit and other polarising issues. All other social media are too self-organising so I only get guardian/private eye/bbc type info that reinforces my position.
I like the fact that there’s a bunch of people with something as random as OUFC in common, but happy to discuss other things.

At least forums have structure. FB et al are like typhoons of dross with the odd useful snippet mixed in that you can`t find 20 seconds later. Then factor in their algorithms that decide what they want to show you first rather than what you want to see...........ergo; what your friends are upto.

I agree. There are some on here that I suspect I have diametrically opposed views to on everything apart from football! But the fact that most of us can discuss things like sensible adults is refreshing - agreeing to disagree while noting that others hold sincere opinions that aren't the same as your own is a good thing. That is something you don't tend to get in the echo-chamber, self-reinforcing world of much social media.

Back
Top Bottom