Some BS of FB

Just had a look. It appears that the last threads on there were started in Feb 2007.
Was it really 12 years ago when the switch over to here happened? Damn, time goes quickly.
And the first snapshot of yellowsforum.co.uk is in February 2011, including topics such as "The great 4-3-3 debate". So what came between TIU closing down and YF starting up? I remember Oxford Mail's successor which wasn't at all successful, I'm guessing they sold the TIU domain for a hefty sum.

Can’t understand that. Only from memory, but the Oxford Mail made unpopular changes to TIU. Very shortly afterwards Yellows was formed and 99% of TIU posters transferred across. There was a very short gap between the two.
Looks like the Oxtales forum was reasonably busy from 2006, which I guess was when the OM started messing about with TIU. Such luminaries as Hazz and Paul Lundins Ponytail can be found on there.

Ok then oldskoolers. Who was on usenet (rec.sport.soccer etc) back before all this newfangled WWW? Fat Andy was the only OUFC poster I remember (posting under his real name).

Oh for a good conspiracy theory now!

Attachments

• 1553158191884.png
    1553158191884.png
    146 KB · Views: 27
Very toxic! I joined (don’t remember the username) but got banned for ‘reporting back’ to Yellows Forum. I just rejoined under a different username as there was very unsophisticated moderation!

One poster had several usernames, all anagrams of the same letters.

Yellow Voice pretended to be an independent fans’ forum, but was really a vehicle for crotising OxVox in general and Mark Sennett in particular.
Indeed, Mark and Simon came in for a lot of stick from that forum, and who was the person behind that forum even though he tried to distance himself quite quickly. (friends)

Very toxic! I joined (don’t remember the username) but got banned for ‘reporting back’ to Yellows Forum. I just rejoined under a different username as there was very unsophisticated moderation!

Yellow Voice pretended to be an independent fans’ forum, but was really a vehicle for criticising OxVox in general and Mark Sennett in particular.
I joined as well, as I thought it would be good to be on another forum as just a standard user, and got rounded on because of being on the moderation team on here. Some of the accusations of collusion with OxVox to control information and suppress views to the detriment of the club were unbelievable. And once I mentioned I thought Sports Science was a good thing and almost got chased out of town... What a weird weird place it was.

And once I mentioned I thought Sports Science was a good thing and almost got chased out of town...

Anyone who thinks the application of the scientific method to sports performance is bad thing cannot possibly have any opinion of value.

Yellow Voice pretended to be an independent fans’ forum, but was really a vehicle for criticising OxVox in general and Mark Sennett in particular.

I see on that attachment I was having my two pennies worth;)

‘If there was complete transparency about who owns/funds & runs/moderates yellow voice then it would all become a lot clearer. No secrecy on this forum re-ownership & mods’

I remember continually pursuing this line and it did not go down at all well on yellow voice! Even though I never registered on YV I was often referred to. The people behind YV obviously read this forum and were incensed that I kept questioning who owned and ran YV.:)

I joined as well, as I thought it would be good to be on another forum as just a standard user, and got rounded on because of being on the moderation team on here. Some of the accusations of collusion with OxVox to control information and suppress views to the detriment of the club were unbelievable. And once I mentioned I thought Sports Science was a good thing and almost got chased out of town... What a weird weird place it was.
Yes I read it a few times. Full of very odd people or so it appeared at the time.

I never joined does that mean I’m not odd, odd that I never joined as I usually join the odd thing,perhaps I’m more odd then I thought odd that.

I remember discovering some quite damming information about who set the forums up, a username in the page source gave a name away................

The forum title was: Yellow Voice - The Fans Choice 100% Unofficial

Sam Deering?! God I hope his comments on there were more considered than those he'd made on Facebook a couple of years before that! :O

Back
Top Bottom