Some BS of FB

UTM

The boss knows who I am.... good enough for me. ;)😁
The screen name is a homage to the old OM discussion pages..... back in the early days.
Internet is 30 years old today...
Now that was the days , the early days of OM discussion pages! Total football and event chats!
Has been said FB is total joke of a place and I am happy to say got rid of mine many a year ago.

Pete Burrett

I think Yellowshoods ( If I got that right?) was the king of TUI (If I got that right?)
I did indeed post as YellowHoods, but was hardly king of anything. In fact, I often found myself 'sparring' with many regulars, including EssexYellows, and wasn't too popular with some!

I was never a multi poster, but posted as MKYellow for a while. It might have been that name I killed off, can't remember.

Anyway, I'm all grown up now and choose not to fight with fellow posters, apart from the occasional racist one.

captainox

Is this not the Thohir taking the majoeity shareholding from Tiger in the new tax year rumour just rehashed in a different way?

Essexyellows

Wait and see
What if we are? What if we arent? I dont think the members of this forum will be furtling down the back of the sofa for £6 million or so............. like I said the only ones who really know are the ones writing and accepting the cheques..... and we have a robust process for that...

Pete Burrett

Anyway, oxtales was better than tiu.
Don't think I ever visited Oxtales, but TIU could be fun. When I joined there was a group of what would now be termed 'right wing extremists' using the Oxford Mail TIU forum as a meeting place. They'd previously been banned from the Brighton Argus site. One of their key posters was 'Rizla', who refused to condemn Nazism or the memory of Hitler.

I remember at the time of an outrage by a radical Islamist group they were all over the forum shouting 'told you so' and that multi-culturalism meant the end of civilisation. Sound familiar?

Last edited:

jabba

Every club is up for sale - as long as the price offered is acceptable to the owner. Pretty much like any business privately owned.

werthersoriginal

Don't think I ever visited Oxtales, but TIU could be fun. When I joined there was a group of what would now be termed 'right wing extremists' using the Oxford Mail TIU forum as a meeting place. They'd previously been banned from the Brighton Argus site. One of their key posters was 'Rizla', who refused to condemn Nazism or the memory of Hitler.

I remember at the time of an outrage by a radical Islamist group they were all over the forum shouting 'told you so' and that multi-culturalism meant the end of civilisation. Sound familiar?
I think they just comment on regular Oxford Times articles now! Or their grandads do.

I remember a guy called Bread Pudding who was desperate to talk about the hooligans in the old days - a very sad character

Oxford Aesthete

I think they just comment on regular Oxford Times articles now! Or their grandads do.

I remember a guy called Bread Pudding who was desperate to talk about the hooligans in the old days - a very sad character
I liked Bread Pudding, anyone remember Love and Pride?

Top Bottom