Sol Campbell

The main difference between Bellamy and Campbell is that Campbell says he doesn’t want to drop too low with his first job and Bellamy says he doesn’t care how low he starts as long as it’s a well run club and he’s allowed to build something. That’s the attitude you need and, ironically, means that Bellamy will start at a higher level than Campbell if he continues with that attitude

Having listened to this interview this guy is an absolute clown. I listened to his My Sporting Life with Danny Kelly on Talksport a while ago and he came across as a clown in that, this took him to a new level in my mind. The guy has an ego the size of the planet and heaven help any club that gives him a job

Genuinely astonishing!

The thing is, his comments about managing clubs 'at this level' not being that difficult show such a profound ignorance about the football league that any other club in England is surely now simply never going to hire him. He's totally shot himself in the foot! Managing e.g. Accrington Stanley is, of course, going to throw up different challenges to managing Manchester City - but how do you reckon Guardiola would get on on a shoestring budget, on a churned up pitch and with players incapable of playing his 'tiki take'? Was a big fan of Sol as a player but those are some very disappointing comments.

He is one of those people who`s ego arrives 15 min before the deluded rest of him, what a total prat.

I almost feel sorry for him. He's clearly intellectually limited and living in a fantasy world regarding his potential management ability.

Lovely bit of comedy. Hopefully, now he's got the experience in that field he'll get a gig on Live at the Apollo.

For a counterfactual image (i.e. of what "might / could have been", and with potentially more disastrous consequences), look at Sol Campbell's behaviour when he signed as a player for Notts County in 2009 under Sven Goran Ericksson - he signed a five-year deal and quit after 5 weeks (and one game!). Admittedly, NCFC were a financial basket case under seriously deluded / corrupt ownership and "promises were broken" according to Campbell. However, the walk-out on his club and team mates towards the end of his playing career, and now this outburst of entitled narcissism, show he evidently doesn't have the courage of conviction or empathy to stick with a job and see it through in the lower leagues - What I intepret from his comments is that he would skank on us after 3 games if it wasn't to his liking...Condescending and deluded,

Wow... what an absolute tool!
Who the hell does he think he is. One of the greatest minds in Football lmfao.
So he doesn’t want to go too low because it’s hard.
He doesn’t want to work under a person with more experience.
He thinks managing at a low level is easy.
So easy in fact that it would only take a few games for him to have a team training in a way that they could go on to win the league. Amazing to think that all these managers and coaches currently employed by clubs don’t actually know how to train a team correctly!

He is probably mental!

I actually would like someone to give him a job (not us!) just to see him fail.

I wonder why nobody wants to give him a job? Oh yeah it must be the colour of his skin.

There’s been a few lower league jobs recently particularly within travelling distance of London (MK Dons, Southend) I wonder did he exclusively only apply for our job as I haven’t heard his name linked with the others, but I’d imagine he would of been interested? He sounds that stupid I could imagine him pulling the race card as the reason for not getting the Southend job!

Genuinely astonishing!

The thing is, his comments about managing clubs 'at this level' not being that difficult show such a profound ignorance about the football league that any other club in England is surely now simply never going to hire him. He's totally shot himself in the foot! Managing e.g. Accrington Stanley is, of course, going to throw up different challenges to managing Manchester City - but how do you reckon Guardiola would get on on a shoestring budget, on a churned up pitch and with players incapable of playing his 'tiki take'? Was a big fan of Sol as a player but those are some very disappointing comments.
he should try managing youth sunday league on some of pitches they play and contend with the ding dongs on the touch line :)

The interview song then:

I'm Sol you see oh
Give it to me
Or I will scream
Like big baby

He is a deluded nut, he's not very popular within the game and you can see why!

Half decent players rarely. if ever, instantly make good managers

Nowt wrong with self-belief and self-confidence, however,

bottom line for Sol Campbell is, just being Sol Campbell really,

really isn't anywhere enough for even the most mentally challenged

Football club chairman to take a punt on him.... except, perhaps Lee Power?

Back
Top Bottom