Sol Campbell

Didcotox

Report in the Oxford Mail today that he applied and was rejected.

His attitude is appalling, claims that he is one of the best minds in football and that he'd pick things up within a few games. How arrogant?

Can't see him getting a club any time soon, very good player but clearly would have been given a chance by now if he was any good.

I was just about to post the same, who does he think he is!! LOL.

"I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm wasted because of a lack of experience or maybe he talks his mind too much."

Definitely part of the group of early premiership era players who think because they were a big game then means they should walk into any job they want. See also - Ince and Sheringham.

I suspect Campbell would need a lot of day to day management, if anyone gave him the opportunity to manage a club.

Entitled, arrogant, up himself.

You may have been a fine player, Sol, but remember you earned that through hard work and natural ability. The same applies to management - show you can actually coach before stepping into the pressure cooker of progressional management.

Has this always been a problem it is indicative of players who played their trade in the PL era? The number of self-entitled ‘don’t you know who I am’ players seeking management on the back of their name is staggering. As mentioned, Sheringham and Ince. Giggs too.

Sol cambell leaving the Kassam after his interview

42943f5a8633a309d3308128601eea10.jpg

I could honestly listen to Campbell rant on all day. He has the biggest chip on his shoulder, and not just about race.

I think he needs to focus on what he wants to do after football. It wasnt that long ago he wanted to become a Tory MP.

The article in the OM is hilarious. I read it wondering if it's a parody article.

Every time he opens his mouth to the media on the subject of becoming a manager he makes it less likely.

His best bet is to apply for a job at Smarts who would almost certainly be interested on account of the giant chip he carries around on his shoulder.

We gave him an interview, which some might not have, but his view on the feedback was "blah blah blah". Tells you all you need to know.

If he displayed the same staggering arrogance and lack of self awareness in his interview as he does in that article then I am not surprised he didn't get any further!

Blah blah blah just about sums up the entire article in a nutshell.

White noise at its best from big Sol.

I was just about to post the same, who does he think he is!! LOL.

"I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm wasted because of a lack of experience or maybe he talks his mind too much."
Are we sure that that is actually a quote from Campbell, because it actually reads as though the article was put together by the guy from the Premier agency and this was his own thoughts, not Campbell's??

I've always thought he was just a bit stupid and certainly nowhere near as bright as he thinks he is. I'm not 100% sure about Bellamy but at least he seems to have put some legwork in, unlike Campbell who seems to think the world owes him a living.

Here is the interview in full, I heard it last night, you need to skip to the hour mark for his comments on Oxford. Lucky swerve this one!

Back
Top Bottom