Sol Campbell

There are many people wanting to get into management. I bet DE has been deluged with applications. Many of these are ex players obviously, and there is plenty of gossip in the football world.

Given we are apparently conducting a thorough recruitment process and speaking to many candidates, it's no surprise we are being linked to so many people.

I would be really surprised if we end up with an ex player such as Campbell or Bellamy with no managerial experience. I don't think DE is stupid.

On a related note, Sol gave an interview last year where he expressed his frustration at not being given a managerial position yet, and expressed his willingness to, and I quote, "start in the gutter".

There are many people wanting to get into management. I bet DE has been deluged with applications. Many of these are ex players obviously, and there is plenty of gossip in the football world.

Given we are apparently conducting a thorough recruitment process and speaking to many candidates, it's no surprise we are being linked to so many people.

I would be really surprised if we end up with an ex player such as Campbell or Bellamy with no managerial experience. I don't think DE is stupid.

On a related note, Sol gave an interview last year where he expressed his frustration at not being given a managerial position yet, and expressed his willingness to, and I quote, "start in the gutter".

a 'come and get me' invite to Sw*nd*n T*wn that is :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• React
Reactions: MJB

He also repeatedly says what a great cv he has. Despite it not being totally relevant for the job he’s applying for. It’s like me going for a dr’s role, saying I’ve got great experience as I’ve been to the dr’s loads and hospital several times under some of the best dr’s. Never actually trained or had any experience doing it though

A slightly disingenuous analogy given that he has his coaching badges. He’s qualified for the job in that rather crude sense.

I personally think we should be mindful of the lack of opportunities for black managers and coaches as the facts are controvertible. Not exclusive to football of course as inequalities persist across society, (including for white working class men), but it’s good that people like Sol Campbell are raising the issue.

We’re only a few decades on from bananas and monkey chants from the terraces (in this country at least).

Just saying, anyone connecting this to the "Rooney Rule" can go do one. Regardless of how good or bad an appointment he would be, you're looking at him as a black applicant as opposed to just an applicant.

f**k right off.

One love to the rest of you true Yellows.

Listening to both Bellamy and Campbell in the media recently I know who I would rather as manager and it isn't Sol Campbell.....Bellamy has an interesting history, most people grow up eventually!

After listening to him he comes across very knowledgeable and passionate about the game, the latter being something we have cried out for recently!

Flakey? and highly disrespectful to OUFC in particular and the lower leagues in general.... IMHO.

Overhead Dean Saunders ( another self opinionated ex player turned manager) on Talk Drivvel aka gooner manure radio talking about Sols outburst. Even he could not understand the pathetic rant. General feeling is that if he is the greatest mind in football he will have realised when he woke up this morning what a kn*b he has been.

Personally, I think he has been ambushed into it by a covert yiddo who infiltrated the gooner podcast site..?

Flakey? and highly disrespectful to OUFC in particular and the lower leagues in general.... IMHO.

Overhead Dean Saunders ( another self opinionated ex player turned manager) on Talk Drivvel aka gooner manure radio talking about Sols outburst. Even he could not understand the pathetic rant. General feeling is that if he is the greatest mind in football he will have realised when he woke up this morning what a kn*b he has been.

Personally, I think he has been ambushed into it by a covert yiddo who infiltrated the gooner podcast site..?

So that'll be a no then.....

http://www.givemesport.com/1262690-...self-one-of-footballs-great-minds?autoplay=on

Can we rename the carpark end the “Campbellend”? Please.

Back
Top Bottom