Sol Campbell

Please god no, take him away with Bellamy and Lampard.

Get Stuart McCall as he knows what’s needed.

The media always amuse me (when they aren't annoying me!). Eales has drawn up a short list and in working through it interviewing the various candidates to see how they fit the profile he wants. The media goes into a frenzy as each name comes up, sure that this is the next Oxford manager. I suspect that a number of other candidates will appear over the next week or so, and the media will go into another frenzy sure that this is the one.

Never met him but he never came across that well in the media. Has he done coaching badges?

Was on Soccer AM the other week, came across very well, intelligent guy that likes football to be played properly! I’d welcome him here tbh. Who wanted Appleton at the time??

Jamie would be up for it being a couch for CSA under 12's, and he has plenty of experience at the age of 13 ?⚽

Was on Soccer AM the other week, came across very well, intelligent guy that likes football to be played properly! I’d welcome him here tbh. Who wanted Appleton at the time??
Really? We saw that and thought he came over very poorly, lacking in confidence and unsure of what he was doing.

Really? We saw that and thought he came over very poorly, lacking in confidence and unsure of what he was doing.

Yes really! Not sure he’s the laddy sort o guy for that show and probably felt out of his comfort zone! It’s got very laddy since Helen left tbh

Well up here in the North of England my mates are pissing themselves with laughter. Sol Cambell?? I personally Experience of the league 1. If Fazzy does a good job give him a go to the end of the season. Getting pissed off with speculation. 3 games in 8 days. Give Faz a chance. 9 points until 5o.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well up here in the North of England my mates are pissing themselves with laughter. Sol Cambell....my a**e, pun intended. Me personally Experience of league 1. If Fazzy does a good job give him a go to end of season. Getting pissed off with speculation. 3 games in 8 days. Give Faz a chance. 9 points till 50. Btw met a summer in Knaresborough, gave it gob, my mates chased out of pub. COYY'S.
*Scummer*

Hint: You can edit your posts.

My thing on this is that there have been an alarming number of glamorous, household name ex-players linked with out manager position in recent weeks, and it's concerning. Lampard, Bellamy, now Campbell, even Unsworth. I'm concerned that the club is going for someone who will stir up a bit of media interest and increase oxford's profile a bit in the grander scheme of things, rather than perhaps the most suitable candidate.

I know there are rumours flying around about a takeover behind the scenes too, and it's all a bit of guesswork at the moment, but I can't help but think that these kinds of managers don't appear to really fit the mould of DE's recent appointments. MApp and Pep (regardless of what ended up happening with the latter) were both hungry, ambitious young managers who were otherwise relative unknowns. Of course, Campbell etc. may be young and hungry, but part of me does wonder if there is a new voice in the decision-making process which is interested in raising Oxford's profile with a high-profile managerial acquisition.

It’s also been said the club ain’t looking to go down that route again and want someone with experience. So I wouldn’t panic to much about what the bookies and sky are saying

Silly season folks. I hope to god that wisdom prevails. No more experiments please

Ian Beale is the man for me, knows his bananas and is looking for a fresh challenge!

The Eastenders dude? :)

Back
Top Bottom