League One Sol Campbell leaves Southend

It was a hopeless job to take in the first place. Southend were always likely to struggle even before the season began and were essentially down by Christmas with only one league win in the first half of the season. They were like us in 2000-01.

Campbell didn't really improve them. The beatings just became by smaller margins with a handful of draws and a couple of wins instead so it's impossible to judge the job he did again when he doesn't hang around to stamp his own mark on the club.

Sol Campbell is a useless deluded t**t........surely no-one else will give him the time of day?

Campbell didn't really improve them. The beatings just became by smaller margins with a handful of draws and a couple of wins instead so it's impossible to judge the job he did again when he doesn't hang around to stamp his own mark on the club.

I thought they were pretty ridiculous when we went down to their place.

Sol had them trying to pass it around at the back.....but they were a bunch of talentless goons, so they absolutely gifted us two goals. We barely had to try to turn them over.

Not saying he definitely couldn't be a decent manager in the right circumstances. But a rescue job in the lower leagues? Clearly not the right man for that job.

I thought they were pretty ridiculous when we went down to their place.

Sol had them trying to pass it around at the back.....but they were a bunch of talentless goons, so they absolutely gifted us two goals. We barely had to try to turn them over.

Not saying he definitely couldn't be a decent manager in the right circumstances. But a rescue job in the lower leagues? Clearly not the right man for that job.

I don't think anybody taking on this Southend squad had a chance, as you say talentless apart from some of the young players.

Tbf to Campbell, he had proven himself able of doing a rescue job in the lower leagues with Macclesfield.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom