General Sol Cambell 'incident'?

I was nearby, he called Campbell a ‘Judas **** and as Campbell was heading towards the tunnel he sought him out. The bloke - or more accurately absolute t**t - was standing in a gathering of other fans to the right of away dug out as look from pitch. Campbell was fuming and clearly had his fist clenched. The idiot continued to give him some vile abuse but as Campbell got closer he started to edge away which tells you everything - a gobshite from the safety of a barrier, other fans and stewards.

Their players got wind of what was happening and went over too before Robbo then re-emerged from tunnel and got Campbell away. The bloke was 50 + I’d say and not a face I recognise. If it helped get the idiot banned for ever I’d be first in queue to provide a description as a witness. it was shameful and yobbish behaviour.
Southstand GRASS.......................pfffffft

Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell

I remember he took it on the chin well when we gave him loads of stick at Highbury in the FA cup game 2003.
Seaman took it well too. “Woody for England” for a whole half!

I didn’t perceive the scene.
Personally, I don’t get it. Figo; Barca to Real. Sol; Spurs to Arsenal

It tells, you were with this fine young lady who melted your heart & dumped you for superior. Now you might know superior, went to school with him, played football. Even got on with him at some point. But you’ll never bring yourself to act publicly like a numpty.

At least there was no transfer fee for Sol, that is something I have admire about him. Maybe he has never liked the concept of having a price tags, validation tied to him?

Back to the scene; I think he got bothered about the way the game ended & snapped at that moron.

Shhhh, must not discuss the codes of either SSL/SSU....
Heard the thermos flasks are sometimes still warm :eek:
I hear it’s a brutal initiation ceremony. Hard core sleeping, 105 minutes of continual sitting and consumption of hard boiled egg sandwiches.

Sitting in the South stand lower it seems to me that the seats close to the coaching area seem to attract people who are more than keen to have a go at the opposition

Sitting in the South stand lower it seems to me that the seats close to the coaching area seem to attract people who are more than keen to have a go at the opposition
You have to wonder about people’s motives for sitting there. It’s not a great view.

Re: having a B team? For clarity:

If Ox4d were to play Spurs in ANY competition, Oxford would have all my support - as they do whoever they play including pre season etc.

However, I do also give my ‘support’ to other sides when not playing Oxford and for a variety of reasons. Fulham (cousin played for them back in the day) Chichester City (was born there) Oxford City (cos it’s Oxford) Lincoln (First professional team I watched) Crystal Palace (My mum supported them) - As 12 year old I even supported Manure (Munich tragedy) but I soon saw the light and transferred my allegiance to Fulham (see above) ...and so on and so on.

I do not consider myself a Judas ?

I loved the point in the game when Southend went down to 10 men through injury and the players came over to him for pearls of wisdom re shape , formation etc. What genius advice did he impart ........nothing. He couldn't give a monkeys and he wanted to be the mighty yellows manager, I think not Mr Campbell. Jog on

Back
Top Bottom