General Sol Cambell 'incident'?

Sarge

God like member
Apparently there was some sort of 'incident' possibly involving someone(s) in the crowdafter the final whistle....KR apparently intervened/tried to intervene? ....did anyone see /or know what happened ?

Apparently there was some sort of 'incident' possibly involving someone(s) in the crowdafter the final whistle....KR apparently intervened/tried to intervene? ....did anyone see /or know what happened ?
What heard something on the radio, what have you heard @Sarge ?

I wondered was going on when I was walking down the steps in the East Stand.

The question I would ask, would there be a thread in here if it was the fat boy getting abuse.....as I don’t think you could signal out any fan as the culprit

It was one bloke whom I've never seen before in over 15 years of sitting in that block who came over to shout at Campbell as he came to the tunnel after applauding the Southend fans. He bellowed something that had Sol sprinting over to him and being literally head to head with him, before stewards and then Karl came over to try and calm Campbell down.

I didn't hear what was said, but understand from someone closer than me that the "fan" was shouting "Judas c**t" at Campbell, so assume he's far more of a Tottenham fan than anything else.

I observed a guy in SSL having a real go at Campbell before the injured player went off at the end of 90mins.
It was loud enough for Campbell to turn and make a reply.

I observed a guy in SSL having a real go at Campbell before the injured player went off at the end of 90mins.
It was loud enough for Campbell to turn and make a reply.
And I thought the prawn sandwich brigade were in the South stand......you could of thrown one at the idiot ??

Last edited:
I was nearby, he called Campbell a ‘Judas **** and as Campbell was heading towards the tunnel he sought him out. The bloke - or more accurately absolute t**t - was standing in a gathering of other fans to the right of away dug out as look from pitch. Campbell was fuming and clearly had his fist clenched. The idiot continued to give him some vile abuse but as Campbell got closer he started to edge away which tells you everything - a gobshite from the safety of a barrier, other fans and stewards.

Their players got wind of what was happening and went over too before Robbo then re-emerged from tunnel and got Campbell away. The bloke was 50 + I’d say and not a face I recognise. If it helped get the idiot banned for ever I’d be first in queue to provide a description as a witness. it was shameful and yobbish behaviour.

I was nearby, he called Campbell a ‘Judas **** and as Campbell was heading towards the tunnel he sought him out. The bloke - or more accurately absolute t**t - was standing in a gathering of other fans to the right of away dug out as look from pitch. Campbell was fuming and clearly had his fist clenched. The idiot continued to give him some vile abuse but as Campbell got closer he started to edge away which tells you everything - a gobshite from the safety of a barrier, other fans and stewards.

Their players got wind of what was happening and went over too before Robbo then re-emerged from tunnel and got Campbell away. The bloke was 50 + I’d say and not a face I recognise. If it helped get the idiot banned for ever I’d be first in queue to provide a description as a witness. it was shameful and yobbish behaviour.
Cheers @dickwalton1964 I did see Sol Campbell along with an assistant look/ glare into the crowd when their injured played was getting treatment.

Me and my granddaughter left straight after final whistle so we missed what happened, it wasnt until it was touched on during KR post match chat that it became evident that 'something' had happened. Possibly but not definatively as a follow on from what couldve lit the blue touch paper during the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Cheers @dickwalton1964 I did see Sol Campbell along with an assistant look/ glare into the crowd when their injured played was getting treatment.

Me and my granddaughter left straight after final whistle so we missed what happened, it wasnt until it was touched on during KR post match chat that it became evident that 'something' had happened. Possibly but not definatively as a follow on from what couldve lit the blue touch paper during the 2nd half.

From what I saw looking down from the SSU, Sol was just about to walk away when Karl made his way over, but by the looks of it, I don’t think Karl knew that Sol was actually involved until he got closer. Just think he (Karl) initially thought it was a a bit of a to do between fans and stewards, but as he got closer he then noticed it was Sol, hence why he (Karl) didn’t know a lot about it when asked by Radio Oxford.

Hopefully, it (the vid) will have already provided some evidence of who/what/why etc.

Sounds like it was some brainless neanderthal, who had no interest in the game, and was only there to have a go at Campbell, hence the reason he had a ticket in an area so near to the away dugout, the sad little prick.

Don't know what is wrong with some people

Back
Top Bottom