General Social Media Blackout.......

I won`t. :)

The root problem is that "offensive" (and I use the term very broadly) generates reaction and social media thrives on reaction.......

I don't see what the club boycotting social media will achieve if anything. If there is one dickhead in the ground throwing abuse at the players or staff then they get ejected, they don't eject the whole crowd.. they obviously can't do this on social media but I'm not sure what Facebook/twitter can even do about it with how easy it is on here to have multi accounts. Abuse on social media doesn't just happen to football players/celebrities it happens to everyone at some point and it's wether you are a strong person who can take it or if not maybe you need to decide wether you should be doing the social media boycott yourself.

I get the feeling that a lot of people on here don’t really understand the concept of protest. Oh well.

Social media is pervasive and toxic in equal measure.
It allows the person you would cross the road to avoid access into your life.
This is not always a good thing.

Social media is pervasive and toxic in equal measure.
It allows the person you would cross the road to avoid access into your life.
This is not always a good thing.

Normally the ones who post their whole life story are the ones claiming they are being abused. Caroline Flack's mum said that Caroline was always searching for negative comments on groups, people's profiles and wouldn't let it go. Alot of the time it's people are worried about others opinions.

I get the feeling that a lot of people on here don’t really understand the concept of protest. Oh well.

Morning much of a protest is it though? Nobody is going to care that they are off social media for a few days, especially when they have given the date when they will be back. Only way they way they will get the big platforms to do something is come off until they act, but they won’t do that as it will cost them money.

Personally I think most social media is a pile of w**k and that you don’t need to tell everyone in the world what you are up to, you certainly don’t need to care about the opinions of every idiot who can use a smart phone to write any old shite.

The thing with these online trolls is if everyone just ignored them they would stop, all it is a vain attempt to brighten up a shitty little life by winding someone else up. I realise it’s easy for a 42 year old bloke to say this as it doesn’t really impact my life but it’s the truth.

What’s the difference in not posting to logging on and liking posts?? [emoji85][emoji85]

The people who who are doing the abuse are going to love the fact that social media was turned off for 4 days and i expect them to be straight back at it when the 4 days are over. Turning social media off is just going to punish the people who dont do anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom