So who should we approach or Interview ?

Maybe the potential target wants to see out this season and leave his current club in the summer.

I don't think any manager is going to sign until the
ownership situation is resolved.
So when we get an announcement I think it will be
double barrelled new manager and owner.

I think the comment from Darryl that faz is in charge for the next 3 games, has far more significance than not disrupting the team during a busy week. Monday 19th Feb. New investment/owners introducing the new manager.

The new manager bounce generally only lasts 3 games, then teams revert to the mean. To take medium to long term benefit from that we would need to replace the manager every 3-4 games.

Which given our set up (permanent recruitment, analysis,, coaching teams etc) might not be as ridiculous an idea as it sounds!
I think that depends.
Look at Swansea. Couldn't score and looked pretty doomed. I think that they have a won 5 since Carvalhal took over. They have improved immensely.
To me we need a coach in who can get us defending better. Even under MAPP we weren't the best defensively (used to let in a lot of scrappy goals- we just used to score a load).
This season our defence has been shocking (even in the first half on Saturday although went in one up, my feeling was that we needed to score 2-3 to have any chance to win)

I think that depends.
Look at Swansea. Couldn't score and looked pretty doomed. I think that they have a won 5 since Carvalhal took over. They have improved immensely.
To me we need a coach in who can get us defending better. Even under MAPP we weren't the best defensively (used to let in a lot of scrappy goals- we just used to score a load).
This season our defence has been shocking (even in the first half on Saturday although went in one up, my feeling was that we needed to score 2-3 to have any chance to win)

We don't know whether they would have improved anyway (correlation vs causation), and for every success there a failure. You just remember the successes more because its more newsworthy.

• React
Reactions: MJB

You could be right.

I must admit I thought a takeover was dead in the water especially with recent new staff appointments, paying transfer fees in the January window, the Sacking of Clotet and Eales’ apparent reinterest, but Tiger prowling around the ground on Saturday is surely telling.

The whole situation is very unsettling, the sooner it’s sorted one way or the other the better.

Can I just say don't start having a go at DE if a takeover doesn't happen after this week on the back of speculation.
I would say letting Tiger borrow your season ticket while you’re ‘away on business’ isn’t the best course of action if you’re trying to attract a new manager

You could be right.

I must admit I thought a takeover was dead in the water especially with recent new staff appointments, paying transfer fees in the January window, the Sacking of Clotet and Eales’ apparent reinterest, but Tiger prowling around the ground on Saturday is surely telling.

The whole situation is very unsettling, the sooner it’s sorted one way or the other the better.

If it was dead in the water Darryl would be the first to say so, and that he doesn’t know where this is all coming from. Exactly as he did with js

The new manager bounce generally only lasts 3 games, then teams revert to the mean. To take medium to long term benefit from that we would need to replace the manager every 3-4 games.

Which given our set up (permanent recruitment, analysis,, coaching teams etc) might not be as ridiculous an idea as it sounds!

Im not talking about a bounce, I'm talking about the change of performances that a manager change will cause, for better or worse.

I have never done it that fast.

6-8 weeks is perfectly achievable if it is a first time buyer, with no chain and is a new build home. In fact, new build developers will work to exchange deadlines of 28 days in almost all circumstances.

I have never done it that fast.
6-8 weeks is perfectly achievable if it is a first time buyer, with no chain and is a new build home. In fact, new build developers will work to exchange deadlines of 28 days in almost all circumstances.

Not really the case I’m afraid. Each sale is different and negotiations can be drawn out and complicated by many other factors.

Not really the case I’m afraid. Each sale is different and negotiations can be drawn out and complicated by many other factors.

I can assure you that the vast majority of large PLC developers that work in the south of England and on new build sales work to a 28 day exchange deadline.

I can assure you that the vast majority of large PLC developers that work in the south of England and on new build sales work to a 28 day exchange deadline.

But that’s not really the point was it. The point is that if a simple house sale can 6-8 weeks or longer then a complicated football takeover/ investment, where u might not be taking the whole package, loans are owed elsewhere, debt needs to be split and at the end of the day u don’t have any physical property from it, so u need to also look into the lease and other possibilities on that front. It’s going to take a while isn’t it. And all that’s still dependant if the owner does even want to sell

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange that tiger was there on Saturday, without DE, yet was around the changing rooms/manager office after the match?

Back
Top Bottom