So that is that.

Bang on the money as usual

We’ve got a good first-choice xi. There’s no doubt about that. Holmes and Hanson should be terrific. Indeed Hanson is THE key to everything.

The problem comes with Obika (he’s not good enough) and Brannagan (who Plays in his quarterback role?)

Kr has paid his monies taken his choice.

Hanson is the perfect midfield partner to play with Brannagan. It will give Brannagan more freedom to get forward while Hanson sits in. Brannagan is a box to box midfielder, Hanson is a defensive midfielder. The 2 will work well together.

A massive year of rebuilding again this season. With again a lot of business done very late, this is now becoming a sad sign of the market. To me we have signed a lot of young players with potential and loaned some potentially decent players. I think we won't see the best from the team for a short while. We are playing catch up. Plus I think some of these young players will take some time to come good so patience will be needed.

I hope that our latest signings strengthen the midfield because as we saw in the first game and some of preseason it is too weak against good teams. I like many others think we lack a striker or two. I have no faith that Obika will be anything other than at best ok. That puts a lot of weight on Smith, and maybe a so far unfit Mackie. I am a bit concerned that we are completely set up to play just one system and will lack tactical versatility. I think this may make us easy to predict and maybe easy to cope, time will tell.

For me the squad is a little heavy on a certain sort of midfielders, and short cover at left back and in the holding midfielder role, and as mentioned lacks striking options. Overall though on paper it does seem a lot better than last season. With a lot of young players this season will be a steep learning curve in a much more competitive league one. I hope as the season progresses these players get better and we will get better as a team.

What I do fear is next year we are destined to forever repeat this off season with us having to replace a large number of players (loans an players we have to sell) and each season will become a groundhog day of rebuilding. I know this is our model but I am not sure it is one that will ever move the club forward in the long term.
The key to continuity is surely keeping the same manager. Even if we do, though, the churn in personnel these days is huge, with short contracts, loans, and managers who can’t stop tinkering

Bang on the money as usual

We’ve got a good first-choice xi. There’s no doubt about that. Holmes and Hanson should be terrific. Indeed Hanson is THE key to everything.

The problem comes with Obika (he’s not good enough) and Brannagan (who Plays in his quarterback role?)

Kr has paid his monies taken his choice.

6 months or so on, what are your views on Tiger? As someone who had serious concerns about Tiger, his motives and his finances, how are you feeling now?

Hanson, Holmes, Whyte, Browne, Mackie etc all appear to have turned down other options to come to us. Either we are paying well or we have a pretty good structure behind the scenes to encourage these players to sign. In addition to the u23 squad, Shawn Derry coming in, training ground, sponsorship and opportunities for more (legitimate) financial support, would you accept that things are not as gloomy as you first feared?

6 months or so on, what are your views on Tiger? As someone who had serious concerns about Tiger, his motives and his finances, how are you feeling now?

Hanson, Holmes, Whyte, Browne, Mackie etc all appear to have turned down other options to come to us. Either we are paying well or we have a pretty good structure behind the scenes to encourage these players to sign. In addition to the u23 squad, Shawn Derry coming in, training ground, sponsorship and opportunities for more (legitimate) financial support, would you accept that things are not as gloomy as you first feared?

You have a short memory or a selective one. My gripe over Tiger and how he came to be here remain exactly the same. Why would that change?

He is, at least, running a tighter ship than I expected. Or so it appears. Kr said yesterday the budget was cut. As it absolutely had to be.

I’ve consistently said the window work we’ve done has been good and entirely commensurate with a club of our stature

You have a short memory or a selective one. My gripe over Tiger and how he came to be here remain exactly the same. Why would that change?

He is, at least, running a tighter ship than I expected. Or so it appears. Kr said yesterday the budget was cut. As it absolutely had to be.

I’ve consistently said the window work we’ve done has been good and entirely commensurate with a club of our stature

You stated that something didn't smell right about Tiger taking over, you questioned him and his finances. Since then we have paid a fee that is rumoured to be a club record, as well as bringing in players who are far from cheap and chose us over bigger teams.

So the simple question is, do you still question Tiger and his finances, and does something still not smell right?

You stated that something didn't smell right about Tiger taking over, you questioned him and his finances. Since then we have paid a fee that is rumoured to be a club record, as well as bringing in players who are far from cheap and chose us over bigger teams.

So the simple question is, do you still question Tiger and his finances, and does something still not smell right?
Read my post again. I’ve answered

This is going a bit further than rabid rebuttal, shrill Mr Egg. Will you not be satisfied till every poster makes a formal declaration of admiration for Tiger's pocket-depth and financial probity?

Back
Top Bottom