So tell me this...

Oldman159

If a club goes into administration and is wound up only to reform as 'AFC Whatever' rovers, are contracts between the club being wound up and their suppliers (You know, playing and training facilities etc etc) also written off/null and void allowing the 'new' AFC club to move to pastures new?

Could be worth a points deduction if you were going down anyway....

Just asking. :unsure:

If a club goes into administration and is wound up only to reform as 'AFC Whatever' rovers, are contracts between the club being wound up and their suppliers (You know, playing and training facilities etc etc) also written off/null and void allowing the 'new' AFC club to move to pastures new?

Could be worth a points deduction if you were going down anyway....

Just asking. :unsure:
I guess so, the "business" would not exist anymore. But you'd end up starting at the bottom of the pyramid.

What a depressing thread. Are people really contemplating this scenario?

To let this gloomy train of thought continue how will people feel if the following scenario comes to pass?:

In April Erick fails to become anything more than the shadowy peripheral figure he currently is.

In May we get relegated

Then in the summer:

Tigers asks everyone to get behind the team as he feels we will have a great season and win the league

Robinson talks with great gusto about all the exciting players he’s talking to.

NM says the list of potential sites for the stadium situation is now down to two but hasn’t ruled out staying at the Kassam

How much more of this s**t wil people be prepared to stomach? Will everyone find the enthusiasm if things don’t start to change SOMEWHERE soon??

It amazes me the easy ride Tiger and Robbo get from the happy clappers, when i tgink back to the vilification Kemp used to get.

Erm, it's because we were a lot worse. We've already managed 7 points than we did that entire season.

I wouldn't have thought it that difficult to grasp.

I guess so, the "business" would not exist anymore. But you'd end up starting at the bottom of the pyramid.
A pyramid which would take longer to climb back up to our current level than it would take for our current tenancy contract to expire...

I say stick, for now...unless some sockless muppet decides to extend our current deal, or even renegotiate it on worse terms...at which point I would say twist.

We’ve been at lower ebbs than this. Relegation to League 2 wouldn’t be fatal to the club but it would see so much hard work undone far too easily. That, and you’d only be one further relegation from an abyss I don’t think the club would survive a second time.

You can change the club owner all you want. Whether they’re good, bad or ugly there is a constant that holds this club back - working with FK and StadCo. Unless an owner can rid ourselves of them then this club will always have an albatross around its neck, an atlas stone that stops any form of progression barring a benevolent owner who is willing to creatively bypass FFP rules and chuck millions at the club.

We either buy the Kassam Stadium at a ludicrously inflated price or move to a new stadium which will cost just as much to build and won’t come anytime soon. Rock and a hard place come to mind ...

We’ve been at lower ebbs than this. Relegation to League 2 wouldn’t be fatal to the club but it would see so much hard work undone far too easily. That, and you’d only be one further relegation from an abyss I don’t think the club would survive a second time.

You can change the club owner all you want. Whether they’re good, bad or ugly there is a constant that holds this club back - working with FK and StadCo. Unless an owner can rid ourselves of them then this club will always have an albatross around its neck, an atlas stone that stops any form of progression barring a benevolent owner who is willing to creatively bypass FFP rules and chuck millions at the club.

We either buy the Kassam Stadium at a ludicrously inflated price or move to a new stadium which will cost just as much to build and won’t come anytime soon. Rock and a hard place come to mind ...

Buying the Kassam will never be an option, it never has and never will, Kassam wants houses end of, like you say if some clown decides to extend our lease then we may as well pack up and go home.....

You can change the club owner all you want.

Whether they’re good, bad or ugly there is a constant that holds this club back - working with FK and StadCo.

Unless an owner can rid ourselves of them then this club will always have an albatross around its neck, an atlas stone that stops any form of progression barring a benevolent owner who is willing to creatively bypass FFP rules and chuck millions at the club.

In a nutshell and 100 per cent correct.

Buying the Kassam will never be an option, it never has and never will, Kassam wants houses end of, like you say if some clown decides to extend our lease then we may as well pack up and go home.....
These 2posts sum it up really. I said on another thread it is an unfinished soulless ground that we don’t like but at present have little choice than to be at.

If we acquired the stadium, we would, like it or not, be home.

And if the South Oxford Science Village development gets the go ahead (and SODC have now removed the biggest stumbling block), the stadium is integral to those plans, so I'd get the squirty bowties and custard pies on order before the rush..........

What a depressing thread. Are people really contemplating this scenario?

To let this gloomy train of thought continue how will people feel if the following scenario comes to pass?:

In April Erick fails to become anything more than the shadowy peripheral figure he currently is.

In May we get relegated

Then in the summer:

Tigers asks everyone to get behind the team as he feels we will have a great season and win the league

Robinson talks with great gusto about all the exciting players he’s talking to.

NM says the list of potential sites for the stadium situation is now down to two but hasn’t ruled out staying at the Kassam

How much more of this s**t wil people be prepared to stomach? Will everyone find the enthusiasm if things don’t start to change SOMEWHERE soon??

Fantastic post. The problem being, is that there will still be Kr apologists who will sift through his post match drivel to find a crumb of comfort.

This goes on, when in the real world, away from Lala land, we are in a season long relegation fight, with two disastrous transfer windows, when one of the best players was thrown under the bus in his post match interview, Graham.

Surely though coco will not be allowed to try to bring us back up.

Fantastic post. The problem being, is that there will still be Kr apologists who will sift through his post match drivel to find a crumb of comfort.

This goes on, when in the real world, away from Lala land, we are in a season long relegation fight, with two disastrous transfer windows, when one of the best players was thrown under the bus in his post match interview, Graham.

As I’ve said before, I can’t see Tiger being here without Robinson. I think he relies to heavily on him in his absence. He’s his ‘wow’ appointment after all.

"Kr apologists"
What a truly ridiculous phrase to use.

As I’ve said before, I can’t see Tiger being here without Robinson. I think he relies to heavily on him in his absence. He’s his ‘wow’ appointment after all.
No, he wasn’t his WOW appointment. Tiger wanted the publicity so sought out high profile names that would never want to touch us with a barge pole. McClaren, that Dutch idiot, etc etc. And how Lampard and Gerrard must regret turning us down...

No, he wasn’t his WOW appointment. Tiger wanted the publicity so sought out high profile names that would never want to touch us with a barge pole. McClaren, that Dutch idiot, etc etc. And how Lampard and Gerrard must regret turning us down...
Genuine question, Is there any real evidence for that though, other than the bookies giving them short odds? I got the feeling the bookies at the time new as little as the rest of us and we’re just going on internet rumours.

O
Genuine question, Is there any real evidence for that though, other than the bookies giving them short odds? I got the feeling the bookies at the time new as little as the rest of us and we’re just going on internet rumours.
OK I’ll go with that. But it fits with Tiger’s egotistical but delusional stance. He doesn’t live in the football real world. But perhaps I’m being unfair because I’m p*** ed off with his continued platitudes and treatment of us all as idiots.

Don't think McClaren and Gerrard went past a casual enquiry (if that), but Lampard was definitely in for an interview and Kluivert was the WOW appointment before he refused to fly here from Spain to be interviewed.

Don't think McClaren and Gerrard went past a casual enquiry (if that), but Lampard was definitely in for an interview and Kluivert was the WOW appointment before he refused to fly here from Spain to be interviewed.
Dave Jones confirmed in an interview that Patrick Kluivert was the one Tiger wanted. DJ had already lined up Craig Bellamy but Tiger pulled the plug.

Back
Top Bottom