So tell me this...

We’ve been at lower ebbs than this. Relegation to League 2 wouldn’t be fatal to the club but it would see so much hard work undone far too easily. That, and you’d only be one further relegation from an abyss I don’t think the club would survive a second time.

You can change the club owner all you want. Whether they’re good, bad or ugly there is a constant that holds this club back - working with FK and StadCo. Unless an owner can rid ourselves of them then this club will always have an albatross around its neck, an atlas stone that stops any form of progression barring a benevolent owner who is willing to creatively bypass FFP rules and chuck millions at the club.

We either buy the Kassam Stadium at a ludicrously inflated price or move to a new stadium which will cost just as much to build and won’t come anytime soon. Rock and a hard place come to mind ...
The only people who can afford these options are businessmen who are will to risk their money for the financial rewards, FK has said he won't sell to club owners he's only gave lip service to the community trust route. As for building a new stadium in this fine city of ours, I'm not sure a venue will be found that will accommodate the buyers need for the financial reward they will require for their outlay, or the fans of this club.

There is always the option of getting an owner who can pay the bills, employ the right people to do the right job at the club, get a manager who can take us up the leagues and back him to do so, not the hardest of scenarios to follow. DE had it right when he started Mash, Mapp, Faz and started to move us in the right direction, if it wasn't for an unfortunate "falling out" with Mash and the subsequent then realisation of his financial position had changed, we might still of been on track. He then put together an exit strategy that tried to recoup his outlay but left the next owner with many issues to pick up.

We pay FK circ £300k a year rent, the rest is the service charge, even if we owned the stadium we would still have a service charge to pay, it might be slightly less as we would be running the behind the behind the scenes stuff, but all the associated ground stuff would be approx the same.

Rent and service charge, £800k per annum.
Buy the ground (£10m-£12m), pay the financing of this, service charge.
Buy a new ground (£40m), pay the financing of this, service charge.

At the moment I think we know what the club debt level is, when you start buying or building a ground where will that debt end up?

Don't think McClaren and Gerrard went past a casual enquiry (if that), but Lampard was definitely in for an interview and Kluivert was the WOW appointment before he refused to fly here from Spain to be interviewed.
Lampard was interviewed for the job by DE when MApp left. Clotet got the job!!

Pardon me for being thick, but if Kassam wanted to build houses on the stadium land then why didn't he do it in the first place. I am an exile so am not really up to speed on this issue.

Pardon me for being thick, but if Kassam wanted to build houses on the stadium land then why didn't he do it in the first place. I am an exile so am not really up to speed on this issue.
He had to have the football ground there to get permission to do anything else such as ozone hotels etc.

When he first got involved the ground was already half built and the contractors were owed a significant amount of money (approx. £5M - Not sure of actual figure). FK offered 10p ish in £1 to them. So the first half of the stadium only cost him 10%. The second half of the build (well to complete 75% of the planned stadium) he financed by the profit he made on buying the Manor (£6M ish?) from OUFC and selling on at £12Mish. So the ground didn't really cost him anything and by "finishing off" (that term is used loosely) the stadium the council gave him planning permission for cinema etc.

When he first got involved the ground was already half built and the contractors were owed a significant amount of money (approx. £5M - Not sure of actual figure). FK offered 10p ish in £1 to them. So the first half of the stadium only cost him 10%. The second half of the build (well to complete 75% of the planned stadium) he financed by the profit he made on buying the Manor (£6M ish?) from OUFC and selling on at £12Mish. So the ground didn't really cost him anything and by "finishing off" (that term is used loosely) the stadium the council gave him planning permission for cinema etc.
Not forgetting all the grants as well.

The land was not fit for habitation, or at least it wasnt due to it being used for Thames Water waste disposal mid 20th century.

At least Bellamy might have bullied some of the underperforming players and got a tune out of the team........or would he?????

Dave Jones confirmed in an interview that Patrick Kluivert was the one Tiger wanted. DJ had already lined up Craig Bellamy but Tiger pulled the plug.

This is very true and despite the (wrong) media stories. Kluivert did have at least one face to face meeting with Tiger and Zachi(so)

How do I know? Because i witnessed it at first hand.

Back
Top Bottom