So He had agreed to be our manager

What I liked about Bellamy's interview was how level headed he is about it. Very matter-of-fact, no bitterness and how he accepted that Oxford's best interest far outweighs his own. My estimation of him had risen considerably. I wish him all the best in the future.
We might all be wondering what could have been for a long time to come. Tiger has now left the country again and none of us are any the wiser on what his long, or even short term plans are

Wow, "He" had agreed to be our manager. Does that mean CB is in fact God, or that God was also a candidate?

We've really screwed up, here.

Got to honest feel like Bellamy in place first would have been better than pi**ing him about and him running back to Cardiff. Surely Tiger had an idea who he wanted to manage us it's not like he decided to buy us last Thursday!!!

I'm wondering what these things were that CB says Tiger had different views than Daryl....

I'm wondering what these things were that CB says Tiger had different views than Daryl....

Guesstimation not to continue with the model as we've previously known it ..
Tiger had said he normal looks for experience in his manager...
Bellamy had also been away from his job at Cardiff and once Tiger said to both go and think about it that may have been another week or 2

And why the heck Eales and Tiger were not already aligned on their manager choice given that the takeover was clearly going to happen.

Were I Bellamy I would be seriously hacked off and maybe not so tempted to be so matter of fact about it regarding OUFC. They have messed him about and not shown an awful lot of respect to be honest.

I really want to be positive about the takeover but its all been a bit shoddy, yes its a week but none of the things we were told have happened

Monday - Tiger is going to outline his vision (he didn't)
Monday - We will have a manager in a couple of days (we didn't)

More concerning is that silence again. As fans we do NOT have the right to be given every detail but when you say you will appoint a manager and the whole thing is played out in public I really do not understand the clubs silence

And why the heck Eales and Tiger were not already aligned on their manager choice given that the takeover was clearly going to happen.

Were I Bellamy I would be seriously hacked off and maybe not so tempted to be so matter of fact about it regarding OUFC. They have messed him about and not shown an awful lot of respect to be honest.

I really want to be positive about the takeover but its all been a bit shoddy, yes its a week but none of the things we were told have happened

More concerning is that silence again. As fans we do NOT have the right to be given every detail but when you say you will appoint a manager and the whole thing is played out in public I really do not understand the clubs silence
I think Tiger is starting to realise that running a football club without your friends helping you out isn’t as easy as he thought it would be. He looks a little bit lost at the moment and making a few mistakes. How long before we start seeing a few other characters emerge to help him out..?

I just hope this Saturday's game is called off - never thought I would ever say that about any game but it's a MUST WIN and the club seems to be all over the place right now. Let's have another week to hopefully get things sorted out.

Agree with what @Browny said ^^^

Tiger whatssisname has got self created serious mountains to climb already, as previous owners, including our landlord, have discovered it's dangerous to lie-to, bullshit and P**s off the Oxford United fanbase

We are not of a subservient outlook like certain east Asian based cultures here in Oxford. That there Oxford 'BRAND' includes
US the fans, the supporters, the people that live and work here, not the fantasy world of Morse n Lewis etc. Tiger has pissed me off, maybe others too and he's only been here officially 3 days. LATE for his very first press conference, evaded, avoided and dodged questions, then announced we'd have a manager/head coach in 2 days/48 hours.
NOW it turns out that CB had accepted the job, only for the power-crazed bowtie to f**k that one up. WHO has he got lined up? does he not know the games are running out, yet we still need a minimum of 9 points to survive? Sorry, I was prepared to give Tiger whatsshisname tentatively my backing, 3 days on, just three days and he's fucked that up! what else is he going to f**k up?

I wonder what would have happened if Bellamy had become manager before Tiger took over. Would Tiger have sacked him? We will never know.

It’s a bit to early to write Tiger off, but the longer we the fans are kept being pissed about, the more Myles is being proved correct in his concerns. We have yet to see anything positive from Tiger and it does appear that those who have sat with him in serious conversation, have decided that their presence is better served elsewhere. Eales keeping 10% in the club would suggest he has other plans which could well include another football club. If Tiger carries on like this I can see DE stepping down from the board along with those who have already moved on.

This can't be right, he thought Darryl appeared to be the perfect owner. Certain posters on here have made out that Darryl was not good to work for and that our former managers etc would have said that to the wider football world!

I wonder what would have happened if Bellamy had become manager before Tiger took over. Would Tiger have sacked him? We will never know.

Maybe the imminent appointment of CB is what finally prompted Tiger to fianally buy us, as he obviously doesn't fancy him as our manager. I still think he'll be asking Jaap Stam to join us in the summer, whether he does join or not may depend on what league we are in. This could drag on for months and months.

Back
Top Bottom