So He had agreed to be our manager

Maybe the imminent appointment of CB is what finally prompted Tiger to fianally buy us, as he obviously doesn't fancy him as our manager. I still think he'll be asking Jaap Stam to join us in the summer, whether he does join or not may depend on what league we are in. This could drag on for months and months.
Maybe you are right, DE forced Tigers hand with the imminent arrival of CB.
Football is such a fluid entity that every day a door could open or shut, glad it's not my job as I couldn't handle some of the unwarranted stick.
I want a new manager, but hopefully the right person not some stop gap to appease the clamor for an immediate appointment, whoever comes in will have little relevance to this weeks match if on, it will only be the fans who will be happy or not.

This is a big appointment that's got to be got right, our league position since Xmas might have changed priorities on who's coming in as we can't risk going down.

New message from Tiger on the official site now.Sorry cant do a link
Asks fans to be patient hopes to get a new manager next week.
Shambles.

Well he states he is holding interviews with those on the short list which would suggest they are being Skype or FaceTimed as he is in Thailand is he not? Of course he could be interviewing candidates based near his home, oh dear.

Well he states he is holding interviews with those on the short list which would suggest they are being Skype or FaceTimed as he is in Thailand is he not? Of course he could be interviewing candidates based near his home, oh dear.

Maybe the four candidates are his brother, his two nephews and his uncle?
They all "love Oxford long time".

Job Centre not fully staffed today so may take them a few days to put applicants forward.

I think the fact that Bellamy is still odds on favourite to be our next manager with sky bet, despite it now being widely reported that he’s not coming, indicates how far down the line we really are to any appointment..

I didn't think it would be too long before the first racial-stereotype was trotted out.

Well done.

I see Oxvox likes this reply. maybe they can give us a clue as to why they thought this man was a suitable owner and felt that a informal agreement to keep members in the dark was acceptable? As for racial stereotypes cannot see how this poster can be accused of that as it’s not based on race is it?

if you read the piece he says he has already spoken to some strong candidates since Monday, and I think it was reported that he flies back to Thailand today so could have been interviewing candidates again this morning!

I didn't think it would be too long before the first racial-stereotype was trotted out.

Well done.

Jeeeeez , it was a very light hearted joke with no real malice at all intended in the content.......Don't ever watch the movie ' Full Metal Jacket ' whatever you do.

Jeeeeez , it was a very light hearted joke with no real malice at all intended in the content.......Don't ever watch the movie ' Full Metal Jacket ' whatever you do.
I've watched it many times and it's brilliant.

What's that got to do with anything, or do you think that the soldier who used those words isn't also using a trope?

I see Oxvox likes this reply. maybe they can give us a clue as to why they thought this man was a suitable owner and felt that a informal agreement to keep members in the dark was acceptable? As for racial stereotypes cannot see how this poster can be accused of that as it’s not based on race is it?
Join, You might find out.

I've watched it many times and it's brilliant.

What's that got to do with anything, or do you think that the soldier who used those words isn't also using a trope?

The movie is truly superb. To help you remember , the similar phrases were used initially by the Vietnamese whores in that movie not the marines , although the marines , which is what I assume you mean by soldier , did use similar phrases in an amusing manner after being spoken to by the whore.
There is nothing in the initial message by Salagaf that is racially foul but you seemed to think there was , which was why I picked up on it.

Oh come on, Toucan. You know as well as I do that that phrase is often used as a racial-stereotype. I'm not for one moment suggesting that the OP is a racist, but it is a lazy phrase that is clearly directed towards Tiger's 'family' in the post.

As for my confusion between marine and soldier, somehow I'd gotten Robert Duvall's cavalry officer from Apocalypse Now in my head and wrote soldier by mistake.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Oh come on, Toucan. You know as well as I do that that phrase is often used as a racial-stereotype. I'm not for one moment suggesting that the OP is a racist, but it is a lazy phrase that is clearly directed towards Tiger's 'family' in the post.

As for my confusion between marine and soldier, somehow I'd gotten Robert Duvall's cavalry officer from Apocalypse Now in my head and wrote soldier by mistake.
Colonel Kilgore.... and his surf team..... dishing out death cards.....first of the ninth, aircav,' .... Charlie don't surf ....cue :Wagner- ride of the valkyries

Why is Mr Eales still on the board if he and the current owner have different ideas about how the club is moving forward.

That's hasn't been said though, has it? The question was about a manager and Tiger has stated that he was looking for experience where as DE was happy with the potential of CB.

If that is the biggest fall out our directors have then it'll be pretty plain sailing from here on in!

Back
Top Bottom