General Smith going back to plastics

Well maybe but it was obvious that he was moving on..surely??

Yes it was obvious. I think it was just confusing for people to hear he was allegedly in training with us yesterday when the OM had suggested he left the club over a week ago.

my understanding was that KR said he wanted the new manager to be able to take a look at him. so it seems he had a look, didn't fancy him and said he was back with us until another club comes in for him. No great conspiracy there, just normal stuff. We should be glad Shrews have taken him on

my understanding was that KR said he wanted the new manager to be able to take a look at him. so it seems he had a look, didn't fancy him and said he was back with us until another club comes in for him. No great conspiracy there, just normal stuff. We should be glad Shrews have taken him on

sounds about right, and a logical overview too @AscotYellow

It doesn't take 20 days for a new manager to appraise a player. Sam was sent packing the day before we played Bristol Rovers. They would have scouted him and kept up to date with his progress (when he played).

He went back because we didn't want him, when Reading didn't fancy a return, he had to return to us until a new team agreed to take him, which was Shrewsbury.

And........he will now score goals, of that I have no doubt.

But with all these lads leaving us, Karl should have plenty of maneuver in his budget........just need to send back Holmes now to free up wages to buy spend on a couple of players.

It doesn't take 20 days for a new manager to appraise a player. Sam was sent packing the day before we played Bristol Rovers. They would have scouted him and kept up to date with his progress (when he played).

He went back because we didn't want him, when Reading didn't fancy a return, he had to return to us until a new team agreed to take him, which was Shrewsbury.

But with all these lads leaving us, Karl should have plenty of maneuver in his budget........just need to send back Holmes now to free up wages to buy spend on a couple of players.

Couldn't agree more. He will be played to his strengths, and score goals, showing Robinsons lack of knowledge of how to get the best out of a player is limited.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he gets on. He obviously didn't suit Robinson's one-up-front approach and didn't really look anything like as good as his reputation said he was. Hope he gets his career back on track.

You have to question why Robinson signed a forward who can’t play up top on his own when that is all Robinson will ever play. I don’t have a clue if Smith is any good, only that he can’t play the lone forward role. Hopefully the new lad will be able to play up top on his lonesome but I have doubts any one at this level can flourish playing this way.

Mmm regardless of what position that he played I didn't see enough from him to have no doubt that he will score goals at this level.
His reputation before he came here is the only reason I think that you maybe right.
I do wonder however if it is a year too early for him and whether he could still struggle with the physical side.
Let's see....

Who is signing these players, when a player has a couple of bad games Robinson seems to like throwing them under the bus and blames someone else for their signing, we were led to believe that he spent all summer trying to get his signature then he’s let go even earlier than the January window opened, same with Hanson, he denied that he wanted him. Must be a weird time to be an oxford player.

Back
Top Bottom