Current Player Slavi Spasov

Very good to see The Ox getting back to winning ways last night and very little to fault KR or indeed from Saturday.

However, from what’s been mentioned about Mackie and his contract. Surely we’d have been better fairies to give SS a run out instead Mackie?

Personally can’t understand the thinking.

Very good to see The Ox getting back to winning ways last night and very little to fault KR or indeed from Saturday.

However, from what’s been mentioned about Mackie and his contract. Surely we’d have been better fairies to give SS a run out instead Mackie?

Personally can’t understand the thinking.

If I was guessing at the logic, it would be that KR is a player's manager and he knows that he's going to want to recruit some experienced pros at some point in the future.

He knows that if Mackie doesn't ever get on the field, he essentially won't ever get paid. And this will lead to an angry Mackie (not something I'd want to deal with itself!) but also, more importantly, may lead to the message getting out that Oxford's a club that will screw you out of a few thousand if it suits them (undoubtedly a reputation that we had in the Kassam years.....remember Lee Bradbury being a prime example).

KR has done a great job in making OUFC an attractive destination for players of all types, a club that'll look after you whatever the stage of your career you're at. If he can throw some substitute minutes at Mackie, and therefore a bit of cash, to bolster that reputation - he's going to do it. And I'm not sure I'd disagree.

I think/hope that he's realised though, that Mackie's legs have gone. That 10-15 minutes of aggression or mop-up duty is all he's going to get out of him now. And that if we actually want to win games, then just about every other attacking player in the squad is a better option.

I think it's fair more simple than is being suggested. Wimbledon were being ripped apart, and it was an opportunity a player on to get a little confidence and hopefully get amongst the goals. But also to protect Spasov from being kicked to bits.

With recent goals from Taylor, Agyei, Holland, Henry and Browne, and big performances from Brannagan and Sykes, we are seeing a big improvement in key players. If Mackie gets a goal, it can only make things better for our run in. Also Robinson would have seen many players getting kicked all over the park, and might have preferred to protect Spasov from similar damage.

I think it's fair more simple than is being suggested. Wimbledon were being ripped apart, and it was an opportunity a player on to get a little confidence and hopefully get amongst the goals. But also to protect Spasov from being kicked to bits.

With recent goals from Taylor, Agyei, Holland, Henry and Browne, and big performances from Brannagan and Sykes, we are seeing a big improvement in key players. If Mackie gets a goal, it can only make things better for our run in. Also Robinson would have seen many players getting kicked all over the park, and might have preferred to protect Spasov from similar damage.

Been waiting for you.
and you’re predictable.

Ox could also have saved a fair bit in an appearance fee, ( around 1k a win bonus, ask Sam what that is and I know of at least 3 players who are rather pissed off with the attempts of the management in milking Mackie and the efforts to earn ‘what he can’ in the final year..

Now ask Sam or MF what they know

Defend that at one; Egg..

Been waiting for you.
and you’re predictable.

Ox could also have saved a fair bit in an appearance fee, ( around 1k a win bonus, ask Sam what that is and I know of at least 3 players who are rather pissed off with the attempts of the management in milking Mackie and the efforts to earn ‘what he can’ in the final year..

Really? How unprofessional Sam is if he is telling you that.
I thought a lot more of him than that.

Been waiting for you.
and you’re predictable.

What are you on about?

The question was whether Slavi should have come on for the last 10 minutes or not. I suggested that the idea of trying to get Mackie into form or protecting Slavi from being kicked into the stands was likely to be behind Robinson's decision. That wasn't knocking Slavi (or any of our promising young players), and I'm sure his future is very promising.

But you (like a few recently) take this as an opportunity to go on a personal attack!

What have you been waiting for? And what is so predictable about this?!

As for win bonuses or what Mackie is paid, I have no idea. But £1k is really very little if correct for someone on a pay as you play deal and hardly the sort of thing that would cause disharmony.

So, keep your bitter little ramblings to yourself. I honestly couldn't care less what you think, or what you think you know. I think most people will remember you saying about players not getting paid last July and there being a players meeting to sort it out!! Which was proven as a load of B*****s straight away! So don't preach to me!!

I hope that he is wrong.
I'm not sure that kind of comment will do Sam any good at all.
I know of Sam, so it's probably a dig at me rather than something that has been said. Junior throws out these little comments every now and then to stir up s**t with little substance. Like players not being paid, or our new deputy manager being seen at the ground, injured players being forced to play too early etc.

We have the closest group of players we've had in a very long time and for all those close to the club, only one credible story has come out about problems behind the scenes and that was Fosu looking to move. Beyond that, the players get on exceptionally well which you can see in the way the interact on matchdays.

Sadly, posts like Junior's get taken on as factual by some and before you know it we're all talking about things that simply aren't true.

What are you on about?

The question was whether Slavi should have come on for the last 10 minutes or not. I suggested that the idea of trying to get Mackie into form or protecting Slavi from being kicked into the stands was likely to be behind Robinson's decision. That wasn't knocking Slavi (or any of our promising young players), and I'm sure his future is very promising.

But you (like a few recently) take this as an opportunity to go on a personal attack!

What have you been waiting for? And what is so predictable about this?!

As for win bonuses or what Mackie is paid, I have no idea. But £1k is really very little if correct for someone on a pay as you play deal and hardly the sort of thing that would cause disharmony.

So, keep your bitter little ramblings to yourself. I honestly couldn't care less what you think, or what you think you know. I think most people will remember you saying about players not getting paid last July and there being a players meeting to sort it out!! Which was proven as a load of B*****s straight away! So don't preach to me!!

How was it proven?

If 1k was not right , it’s not far from the the amount he (JM) is being paid (as what’s written in his contract)

You seem to have gone very defensive and why am I bitter?

Plenty of people know me, they may like me or they may not, but either way, they know of me and I can be called out easily.

Now can that be said of you?

You’ve popped up to be very pro, fair play if you’re a positive Ox fan. Pint half full and all that. But can anyone say; yep, I know that SE personally, I’ve had a pint with him, he stood near me at a game...

The silence on the above is rather quiet (Niall) SE ...

Finally, as for SS, what makes him more targeted for some rough L1 treatment than the others who are on the receiving end of a 3-4-5-0 drubbing?

I know of Sam, so it's probably a dig at me rather than something that has been said. Junior throws out these little comments every now and then to stir up s**t with little substance. Like players not being paid, or our new deputy manager being seen at the ground, injured players being forced to play too early etc.

We have the closest group of players we've had in a very long time and for all those close to the club, only one credible story has come out about problems behind the scenes and that was Fosu looking to move. Beyond that, the players get on exceptionally well which you can see in the way the interact on matchdays.

Sadly, posts like Junior's get taken on as factual by some and before you know it we're all talking about things that simply aren't true.
On the basis that people from the club probably read this, the comment about Sam was not well judged in my view (not at all ITK and I know none of the characters)

What do you know of Sam, SE?

Can we base your posts about Sam and all that relates with a little bias?

For what’s it worth, I love Sam, I think he’s a massive part to play for The Ox and is moving forward.

How was it proven?

If 1k was not right , it’s not far from the the amount he (JM) is being paid (as what’s written in his contract)

You seem to have gone very defensive and why am I bitter?

Plenty of people know me, they may like me or they may not, but either way, they know of me and I can be called out easily.

Now can that be said of you?

You’ve popped up to be very pro, fair play if you’re a positive Ox fan. Pint half full and all that. But can anyone say; yep, I know that SE personally, I’ve had a pint with him, he stood near me at a game...

The silence on the above is rather quiet (Niall) SE ...

Finally, as for SS, what makes him more targeted for some rough L1 treatment than the others who are on the receiving end of a 3-4-5-0 drubbing?

Your post attacking me and alleging disharmony from players was bizarre and I won't give it credit by discussing further.

As for anyone standing next to me at games, feel free (especially if you're buying the beers!!)

So how it proven?

I attacked your ever pro anything Ox. Don’t try and angle it away from anything else.

When do you want this pint?

If true, from a player yet to prove anything, and hardly pulled up trees pre season, then it’s rather a stupid thing to get involved in.
It’s hardly going to win egg any fans either. A rediculous thing to put in the public domain Scotch egg.

I haven't put anything anywhere!!! Junior is the one spouting shite!!

@Malc Do you want to sift through some of this before it gets out of hand? Sorry, not my fault I promise!!!!

Back
Top Bottom