Current Player Slavi Spasov

It's not spelt Spasovi and he hasn't yet signed a contract. Other than that, good reporting.

It's not spelt Spasovi and he hasn't yet signed a contract. Other than that, good reporting.
cheers @MarkG ...Ill try n edit, the erroneous extra 'i' off the end.... if I can :unsure:

edit ... it seems I cant change the title of the thread (or cant work out how to edit it)....which, indeed, should've read 'Slavi Spasov to sign full contract from Dec31 '

edit2 ....Official, I can't edit the title of a thread. however ... Malc can, and has:)... thanks @Malc :)

Last edited:
So does that mean he’s signed a pre-contract agreement..? The OM says he’s committed his future then goes on to say he won’t be able to sign until December. Bit confusing to be fair.

So does that mean he’s signed a pre-contract agreement..? The OM says he’s committed his future then goes on to say he won’t be able to sign until December. Bit confusing to be fair.
Possibly his age he may have agreed a contract but something to do with age and professional.....possibly

I particularly like the following comment:

"Dan Harris, the club’s head of academy, said: “When I first came to the club in January, Slavi was a young man who would jump on a bus from his home and then run a mile and a half from the bus stop to get to training and was never late. "

(Nile Ranger please take note!)

I particularly like the following comment:

"Dan Harris, the club’s head of academy, said: “When I first came to the club in January, Slavi was a young man who would jump on a bus from his home and then run a mile and a half from the bus stop to get to training and was never late. "

(Nile Ranger please take note!)
That's the point isn't. Spasov sounds like he a credit to himself and the club, I really think we should be giving him the opportunity over the likes of Nile Ranger.

Possibly his age he may have agreed a contract but something to do with age and professional.....possibly
Just to confirm, players are not allowed to sign professional contracts until their 17th birthday.
This was the problem we had with Blackstock as we couldn't tie him down to us before Soton came sniffing around

That's the point isn't. Spasov sounds like he a credit to himself and the club, I really think we should be giving him the opportunity over the likes of Nile Ranger.
I am sure that the club would far rather use Spasov than Ranger.
But in all likelihood they probably believe him to be nowhere near ready to play Division football regularly.
I assume that the club are looking after him physically. He isn't even 17 yet and even Callum had to bulk up when he was a little older to start making a real impact.

Just opened the scoring for the U18s in the FA Youth Cup tonight, not a bad 24hrs for him

Back
Top Bottom