Current Player Slavi Spasov

I assume that the club are looking after him physically. He isn't even 17 yet and even Callum had to bulk up when he was a little older to start making a real impact.

Yes wasn't it almost unbelievable how much he bulked up in one 3 month close season.

It must have been a big shot in the arm for him to have developed so quickly at such a fortunate time

WEnt to see this game last night and was really impressed with not only most of the players, but the style of football that they were playing - this was certainly not the hoof and chase that I seem to remember from times gone by.
STandouts for me were: Viktor Milton in defence (solid, comfortable taking it forward, McCreadie and Chambers in midfield (some wonderful crossfield balls to the widemen), Lofthouse wide right (very tricky winger), Owen James (lot of effort up front before going off with a knock), Sampford at right back (energy and overlapping for fun). Strangely Spasov didnt stand out particularly, except of course for the goals.

Much credit to Leon blackmore & Chris Hackett for getting them playing the right way, and top of the league

Yes wasn't it almost unbelievable how much he bulked up in one 3 month close season.

It must have been a big shot in the arm for him to have developed so quickly at such a fortunate time

Careful now!

WEnt to see this game last night and was really impressed with not only most of the players, but the style of football that they were playing - this was certainly not the hoof and chase that I seem to remember from times gone by.
STandouts for me were: Viktor Milton in defence (solid, comfortable taking it forward, McCreadie and Chambers in midfield (some wonderful crossfield balls to the widemen), Lofthouse wide right (very tricky winger), Owen James (lot of effort up front before going off with a knock), Sampford at right back (energy and overlapping for fun). Strangely Spasov didnt stand out particularly, except of course for the goals.

Much credit to Leon blackmore & Chris Hackett for getting them playing the right way, and top of the league
Good news.
Credit to many in the club I would have thought from Dan Harris to Tiger to KR and as you rightly state the 2 coaches.
I would imagine that the way that we play would come from KR (playing from the back, not holding etc??) I stand to be corrected if anybody knows.

Would love to see Owen James get a little run out with the first team this season. From what I’ve seen he’s not that far away.

Good news.
Credit to many in the club I would have thought from Dan Harris to Tiger to KR and as you rightly state the 2 coaches.
I would imagine that the way that we play would come from KR (playing from the back, not holding etc??) I stand to be corrected if anybody knows.
Indeed, credit to many for reviving the whole youth/devs aspect after it tailed off under DE

Would love to see Owen James get a little run out with the first team this season. From what I’ve seen he’s not that far away.
That's interesting. Have you seen him much?
It appeared to me that Lopez and Spasov had overtaken him a little. Is that not what you have seen (I am only taking this from reports and comments from the club)

That's interesting. Have you seen him much?
It appeared to me that Lopez and Spasov had overtaken him a little. Is that not what you have seen (I am only taking this from reports and comments from the club)

I think you are right about Lopez and Spasov but there can’t be a lot in it surely? I’m not in touch with the club often, unfortunately, so I only saw him live in Ireland, but he seemed to have great movement, a good touch and is always willing, a good passer of the ball as well from what I’ve seen on a few video clips. Hopefully he starts scoring a in the youth teams/U23s and that makes the difference, he’s only just 18. Must admit I’m pretty excited about the young players we have right now. You only have to look at the impact Baptiste has had this season. Could be some great football ahead and a bright future.

Last edited:
I think a couple of them need a little work on their final ball, to go with their energy and touch, but they are still young and that will surely come in time. Perhaps that is why Spasov has got the nod so far, as he seems a little more clinical right now. Lopez is still out injured, while Bradley and Napa are out on loan until January. It will be interesting to see which of them kicks on first.

Also, it is not just the strikers that are coming through - Heap, Hopkins (now on loan) have been in squads and there are a few defenders doing well in the 23s as well as those I mentioned in the 18s.

As always, probably only a couple will actually make it, but it feels that there is more depth for them to come from than there has been for a while.

I think a couple of them need a little work on their final ball, to go with their energy and touch, but they are still young and that will surely come in time. Perhaps that is why Spasov has got the nod so far, as he seems a little more clinical right now. Lopez is still out injured, while Bradley and Napa are out on loan until January. It will be interesting to see which of them kicks on first.

Also, it is not just the strikers that are coming through - Heap, Hopkins (now on loan) have been in squads and there are a few defenders doing well in the 23s as well as those I mentioned in the 18s.

As always, probably only a couple will actually make it, but it feels that there is more depth for them to come from than there has been for a while.
I've heard favorable things about Little (who is currently farmed out) as well

I think that more could come through now Mooro. It seems that the club are looking at players from other club's at a younger age and are also trying hard to take players locally who would previously have gone elsewhere.
So potentially a higher quality of player plus more opportunity with the U23s and a manager who has history of playing younger players.
There already seem to be a number of players coming through who could make it, so I would hope we will see more in the first team.

The U23s need some sort of competition though, a league or cup. I'd like to see them but they don't even have a fixture list.

I see that Aaron Heap has 'been sensational for the U23 and in training with the first team squad' and us travelling to Scunny.
KR building up young players again.
I saw him play earlier this season but Baptiste stole the show.
Has anybody else see him play?

They are in a cup, Premier League Trophy or some such.
Ok, yes, the Premier League Cup, but it's arranged in stages, so there's no fixture list. You have to spot the fixtures when they come out on Twatter or Farcebok.

Back
Top Bottom