• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

National News Sir Keir Starmer

Fair enough.

FWIW I drove up to Scotland a little while ago (where they seem to have an abundance of them) and I thought they were actually quite nice and in some ways added to the landscape, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion.
Yeah Scotland seems ok to me too. However, there's something mystical and ancient about Welsh countryside which I think should be protected. The power station bit by Anglesey, not so much!

Fair enough.

FWIW I drove up to Scotland a little while ago (where they seem to have an abundance of them) and I thought they were actually quite nice and in some ways added to the landscape, but I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

Been on the coast around Barrow in Furness and in West Cumbria for many years. They've been done well so for me add to the landscape rather detract from it.

Starmer thinks Southgate's approach at the Euros is too adventurous

GSEscpxWgAEyVeK

I’m amazed that we’re not in a position of having much smaller wind turbines designed for home use, like we are with solar panels (couple of 30cm turbines on a roof kind of thing) and then in industrial estates slightly larger. It seems like its an industry that only have large and massive.

I’m no physicist so happy to be told why I’m being dumb on this one.

I'm no physicist either, but my missus has a qualification in renewable energy and this came up in a conversation we had recently.

The formula for calculating the energy output of a wind turbine includes the cube of the wind speed and the square of the blade length - so by scaling up (taller = more wind) you get vastly more power output per turbine. In short, smaller turbines are much less efficient than big ones - by doubling the size of the turbine, you get at least four times the amount of electricity out.

Back
Top Bottom