National News Sir Keir Starmer

Overseas Operations Bill passed its second reading.

When enacted it will put a stop to the "tank chasing" lawyers looking to persecute people who have seconds to make a choice and may sometimes get it wrong.

Opposed by Labour of course.

And the people who torture, and murder people whose countries they invade.

I'd like to belong to a country to admit when it gets things wrong. not one that hides its crimes.

Lots of Germans would have been posting exactly the same as EssexYelllows.
How would we respond if EssenYellows were saying that the German soldiers who shot British POW's were "people who have seconds to make a choice and may sometimes get it wrong"
How about AuschwitzYellows? "our brave lads were only obeying orders"
If you think i'm exaggerating just read what the British Army did in Kenya
"There is no doubt that in the early days ... there was a great deal of indiscriminate shooting by army and police. I am quite certain prisoners were beaten to extract information. It is a short step from beating to torture and I'm now sure ... that torture was a feature of many police posts".
The soldiers separate the men from the women and children, and haul the passengers to a detention camp.

When we arrived, we found other people being tortured and we were being asked how many oaths we had taken; I said ‘no’ to anything about taking an oath,” Naomi says softly. “I was blindfolded and I could hear my children crying, calling me ‘Mummy, Mummy.’ I never saw them again.”

Now 87, Naomi wears a flowery dress and colourful headscarf, but her eyes are sad and her face angry as she recounts her ordeal. “Because when this bottle was pushed into my vagina, I fell unconscious,” she adds.

then there was Iraq. and Afghanistan this doesn't make pleasant reading

there was a time when a decent commanding officer would want his rotten apples punished. not protected.

Last edited:
Starmer doesn’t seem to have any discernible policies for Covid, save ‘blame the Tories.’

In fact he doesn’t seem to have any discernible policies at all.

Labour need a politician with real personality at the hem, not a technocrat. Rayner looks like a better bet to me.

oh dear yellow taxi foaming at the mouth....someone call a medic :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:??

Starmer doesn’t seem to have any discernible policies for Covid, save ‘blame the Tories.’

In fact he doesn’t seem to have any discernible policies at all.

Labour need a politician with real personality at the hem, not a technocrat. Rayner looks like a better bet to me.

That's one more policy than the tories have to be fair

And the people who torture, and murder people whose countries they invade.

I'd like to belong to a country to admit when it gets things wrong. not one that hides its crimes.

Lots of Germans would have been posting exactly the same as EssexYelllows.
How would we respond if EssenYellows were saying that the German soldiers who shot British POW's were "people who have seconds to make a choice and may sometimes get it wrong"
How about AuschwitzYellows? "our brave lads were only obeying orders"
If you think i'm exaggerating just read what the British Army did in Kenya

then there was Iraq. and Afghanistan this doesn't make pleasant reading

there was a time when a decent commanding officer would want his rotten apples punished. not protected.

You know exactly what I meant but have to take it too an extreme as is your standard MO.
Things have moved on somewhat since the Mau Mau in 1950`s. Even Love thy Neighbour isn`t on telly anymore.

From the Independent article you linked too..... "Phil Shiner, a solicitor who had taken more than 1,000 cases to IHAT, was struck off from practising law amid allegations he had paid people in Iraq to find clients. "
He wasn`t finding "bad soldiers" he was exploiting the system.

The forces are better trained and better equipped to deal with situations.
War is a messy business and innocent people die, doesn`t mean there is a case to prove.

And you invoked Godwin`s Law................................ pathetic.

War is a messy business and innocent people die, doesn`t mean there is a case to prove.

[/QUOTE]
And conversely, it doesn't mean there isn't a case to prove. As always, there is a middle ground, which, as usual, you've leapt over.

Care to retract the comment about Labour voting against the bill?

And conversely, it doesn't mean there isn't a case to prove. As always, there is a middle ground, which, as usual, you've leapt over.

[/QUOTE]

Tbf, certain cases (ie. sexual abuse/child trafficking) aren't covered by this and have no time limit. Even with this for those offences covered, there is a time limit but all cases will get investigated even after the time limit according to Newsnight last night and the Prosecutors will make a decision based on evidence.

[/QUOTE]

They defied the party whip to abstain.......... which is worse than voting against to be fair.
At least they stuck to their extreme left principals and paid the price....................................

the British legion was against the bill.

Anyone who committed those horrendous crimes in Kenya can ow not be prosecuted. Great job Essen Yellows!

when discussing offering immunity to war crimes, mentioning the Nazis is entirely relevant.

Anyone who committed those horrendous crimes in Kenya can ow not be prosecuted. Great job Essen Yellows!

when discussing offering immunity to war crimes, mentioning the Nazis is entirely relevant.

17 years of persecution, 8 investigations all with dubious "witnesses" .

And the cherry on top:
"The £34m IHAT probe did not lead to any prosecutions and was branded as an "unmitigated failure" by MPs on the House of Commons Defence Committee. "

Try watching Newsnight from the other night.

Inquisitor General was less than inquisitive at PMQ`s today.

Tough time but he had the opportunity to get some shots in and failed miserably.

Inquisitor General was less than inquisitive at PMQ`s today.

Tough time but he had the opportunity to get some shots in and failed miserably.
And if he had, you'd claim he was being divisive in a crisis! PMQs is a pantomime (although perhaps a bit less with fewer MPs to make silly noises!)

• React
Reactions: QR
Back
Top Bottom