National News Sir Keir Starmer

Ermmmm..... like Labour have done with "A New Leadership"? :D

As I`ve said before most of us, like it or not, sit somewhere in the middle politically.
We choose the party most aligned to our point of view on life as we see it.
No single party is the answer to everyone`s ideals.
The party that persuades the middle ground they are most like them is the one that wins.
Starmer saying "this government is holding us back" say`s to those who deserted Labour and voted Tory "It`s your fault."

I'm advocating what the Tories did very successfully to Labour over the 2008 crash which was a global financial collapse not specifically a UK one. Domestically the Tories managed to attach it to Labour as a whole over the following years not just Gordon Brown. Labour have to set the narrative that this is the Tories as a whole, not just Johnson or Mays' Govts that can separated off in the same way.

Would that be in the same way that the left alienated those who voted to leave with broad brush descriptions?
Somethings that have happened just need to be accepted and ridiculing people for their choices doesn`t help close any wounds.
He should be looking forward and finding how to re-engage with those voters Labour have haemorrhaged over the years and that isn`t by ridicule or blame.

Would that be in the same way that the left alienated those who voted to leave with broad brush descriptions?
Somethings that have happened just need to be accepted and ridiculing people for their choices doesn`t help close any wounds.
He should be looking forward and finding how to re-engage with those voters Labour have haemorrhaged over the years and that isn`t by ridicule or blame.
I was being a bit facetious really. ;)
But it's a bit rich to moan about the Tory government if you voted them in. It's not as if Johnson was some sort of brilliant mind before he was voted in who has somehow now crumbled - he was a 'character' and people voted for Brexit. You knew what you were getting.
But yes you are right, the left wing of the Labour party need to take a long hard look at themselves - losing an election when you've gone a long way towards making yourselves unelectable is hardly a surprise.

And Starmer said in his speech:

"When you lose an election in a democracy, you deserve to. You don't look at the electorate and ask them 'what were you thinking?' You look at yourself and ask 'what were we doing?'"

Doesn't sound like someone wanting to blame the voters to me.....

The last election was a single issue open goal and Labour fluffed their lines badly and repeatedly - their confused position reflected the confused and chaotic Command and Control in place at the time. And frankly, the Tories won for being less s**t.

But you're right on Boris....he's an end of the pier novelty act of a Prime Minister. He may last a full term (if the Tory puppeteers want that), but I somehow think they will realise just how toxic he (and Cummings and hopefully Gove) will have become by then and what a laughing stock it will turn them into in the process. Lets hope they have the guts to do it because the credibility of democracy is pretty high stakes!

A bit more from the end of Starmers speech.

Just about sums up the difference. One is a serial bullshitter ...a scruffy Walter Mitty if you will...who gets found out time and again...the other is Kier Starmer[emoji16]

9f2a209ce3d5b1c6a841a0bd0a37d79a.jpg

What calling the PM Doris all about then?
Fair challenge.

Most politicians are referred to by the surnames but for some reason Johnson is referred to by many including the press as Boris. The Tories nurture this as they think it good for his image and therefore good for them. It's my reaction to this. I might start calling him Horase one day.

Not really sure why that image was worth posting? It doesn't really add anything to the discussion. Want to tell us exactly where it from?

Not really sure why that image was worth posting? It doesn't really add anything to the discussion. Want to tell us exactly where it from?

Twatter (2 points) ........... you are right. Nothing added. I feel ashamed. :D ? (Two emoji`s 2 points each....)

Back
Top Bottom