National News Sir Keir Starmer

Excuse me Boris has his own thread. This is for Starmer who makes his conference speech today..................... on BBC2 shortly after Gardeners World..

Gardeners World (with signing) was more passionate and interesting.........................

Posh bloke in suit tries desperately to "connect" with real people and proves they are all clueless.

Lack of investment in prevention?????? WTF.............. like the whole world was ready for it!

Gardeners World (with signing) was more passionate and interesting.........................

Posh bloke in suit tries desperately to "connect" with real people and proves they are all clueless.

Lack of investment in prevention?????? WTF.............. like the whole world was ready for it!
I think Gardeners World has its own thread.

Covid is thriving on inequality................. it`s a virus that doesn`t check your bank account first! If you move it ....it moves!!

Covid is thriving on inequality................. it`s a virus that doesn`t check your bank account first! If you move it ....it moves!!
If you have little money you are more likely to live in overcrowded accommodation.. Come on, joint the dots.

Posh bloke in suit tries desperately to "connect" with real people
If he couldn't speak properly you'd be on at him for that and if he wasn't wearing a suit then you'd be pointing that out!
He does seem to be more fluent than the scarecrow PM, I'll give you that.

• React
Reactions: QR
Well that was uninspiring.

Seems he was saying it`ll take this Parliament to sort out the party mess he has inherited.

If you have little money you are more likely to live in overcrowded accommodation.. Come on, joint the dots.

Can apply that to multi-generational households. They aren`t "poor" in their 6 or 7 bed houses.

Pavel & his mates car sharing to their jobs at DPD are more of a risk....

Can apply that to multi-generational households. They aren`t "poor" in their 6 or 7 bed houses.

Pavel & his mates car sharing to their jobs at DPD are more of a risk....
As compared to the three generations of a family that own three homes?

The speech seemed fair enough to me. Perhaps not a blood and thunder 'inspirational' speech, but measured, realistic and statesmanlike.

I think Starmer has held his fire a bit during the current crisis, and this was another example. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel to go after Johnson and his crew at the moment - but not particularly brilliant for national unity. However (as with our new signings!) I will reserve judgement until we see how he performs over a period of time. One thing is for sure though - he is a lot more electable than Corbyn.

The speech seemed fair enough to me. Perhaps not a blood and thunder 'inspirational' speech, but measured, realistic and statesmanlike.

I think Starmer has held his fire a bit during the current crisis, and this was another example. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel to go after Johnson and his crew at the moment - but not particularly brilliant for national unity. However (as with our new signings!) I will reserve judgement until we see how he performs over a period of time. One thing is for sure though - he is a lot more electable than Corbyn.

Rather than blame just Johnson, I hope he pins the issues he targets on the Tory Party as a whole. Otherwise, the Tory Party will do what they did after May's Govt and likewise jettison Johnson blaming all the problems on him and Dom and going with the "look, we are a new party" approach.

More than happy for you to unpick the policies etc but attacking someone for their looks?? Do you also pick on people with disabilities?
I presume you’ve never said anything similar then.

Rather than blame just Johnson, I hope he pins the issues he targets on the Tory Party as a whole. Otherwise, the Tory Party will do what they did after May's Govt and likewise jettison Johnson blaming all the problems on him and Dom and going with the "look, we are a new party" approach.

Ermmmm..... like Labour have done with "A New Leadership"? :D

As I`ve said before most of us, like it or not, sit somewhere in the middle politically.
We choose the party most aligned to our point of view on life as we see it.
No single party is the answer to everyone`s ideals.
The party that persuades the middle ground they are most like them is the one that wins.
Starmer saying "this government is holding us back" say`s to those who deserted Labour and voted Tory "It`s your fault."

Back
Top Bottom