National News Sir Keir Starmer

I think Starmer is doing well so far. Boris has enough rope and he stands back.

Im sure closer to the election (although I doubt BJ will be PM) he’ll be a little more confrontational in laying the blame for the Covid crisis on the conservatives door, as they did with the international banking crisis. Im sure ignoring the October half term “circuit breaker” will be brought up as cases rise and Boris blunders his way through to the New Year before he’s replaced.

Hopefully Labour can continue to move away from the past few years and really become an opposition to hold the govt to account. Corbyn being suspended is fantastic as far as I’m concerned.

Slightly unrelated but has Covid hit last year and we were running up to an election I wonder whether we’d be following a different course. Even if Boris was in charge and going for re-election I’m not sure he’d have allowed things to play out like they have.

With 4 years to resolve said pandemic and other trivia.

KS now says "denying Labour were anti-Semitic" is now a sackable offence.

It`ll be interesting to see what the more extreme left/momentum types do now.

Hopefully they leave the Labour Party.

With 4 years to resolve said pandemic and other trivia.

KS now says "denying Labour were anti-Semitic" is now a sackable offence.

It`ll be interesting to see what the more extreme left/momentum types do now.
They will do what they always do, blame someone else, deny its true, someone else is worse, its all a stitch up, tory press, right wing media bla bla.

So if Corbyn gets sacked will he stand as an independent against the Labour Party?

Silver lining.

(semi in jest as I think all political parties benefit from being broad churches)
The Labour Party became an unelectable broad church where the driving force was fuelled by hatred, jealousy, envy, bitterness etc. Because of this we have the tory party you hate so much, odd logic.

Blairs Labour was electable.
Corbyns Labour was a catastrophe.

Starmer has a long haul ahead of him to get back to the middle and lever it back from the Tories.... that silent majority again, biding their time.

Another for a P45 Kier................. anti-semitism and alleged housing fraud.... ooops

Struggling to imagine how anyone can think that a woman who thinks that Saudi Arabia is controlled by Zionist masters could ever get into a position of responsibility in the Labour Party and people can claim that Labour didn’t have a problem with anti semitism?

KS getting a firm hand on the NEC it seems..........

"We are aware that there has been speculation as to the eligibility of those who have recently resigned from the Labour Party to participate in the current ballot. We hope the information below will reassure you as to the integrity of the process:
- Those who voted when they were members, but resigned subsequently, remain eligible. Their votes will therefore be counted.
- Those who resigned from the Labour Party, but voted subsequently, are not eligible. Their votes will therefore be cancelled prior to the votes being counted."

both sides of the house involved in behind closed doors spats.

Good job there isn`t a national crisis or anything big on the horizon eh? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow - their NEC vote on stuff. Seems a fair way of doing it, rather than (up to today at least) just asking "what would Dom do?"

So...the opposition allow eligible members to vote on stuff.....and the actual live government have just been dancing to the tune of an unelected adviser who isn't even a party member.

Remind me who the mugs are again...?

Wow - their NEC vote on stuff. Seems a fair way of doing it, rather than (up to today at least) just asking "what would Dom do?"

So...the opposition allow eligible members to vote on stuff.....and the actual live government have just been dancing to the tune of an unelected adviser who isn't even a party member.

Remind me who the mugs are again...?

They seemed to have a bit of an issue with who exactly were eligible, and on what date they threw their cards in.
Feel free to fill ones boots with single transferable voting rounds and "supergroup Maximum on Gender"..

BBC analysis, includes the NEC might let Corbyn back in if asked..........

"In today's elections of nine constituency representatives, the "Grassroots Voice" candidates - who represent the Left and are closer to the former leader Jeremy Corbyn - won five places."

From wikipedia:

"Uyghurs are recognized as native to the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in Northwest China. They are considered to be one of China's 55 officially recognized ethnic minorities."

Seems like a reasonable contraction to me.

From wikipedia:

"Uyghurs are recognized as native to the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in Northwest China. They are considered to be one of China's 55 officially recognized ethnic minorities."

Seems like a reasonable contraction to me.

Shall we contract the state "re-education" programme as well?
They are an ethnic & religious minority that get forced into re-education camps.

I suppose the magic grandpa & his cohort think that is fine though, extremism is deeply unpleasant on both sides.

Don't be duplicitous, dear. You attacked Abbott for misspeaking, which she didn't, and now you're changing the slur to pretend she didn't state that the treatment of Uighurs "is a human rights violation', which you quoted her saying.

It's all on you.

Don't be duplicitous, dear. You attacked Abbott for misspeaking, which she didn't, and now you're changing the slur to pretend she didn't state that the treatment of Uighurs "is a human rights violation', which you quoted her saying.

It's all on you.

Uyghur is a term used for a minority people, note: People.
Your assertion that she meant a Chinese region is speculation on your part.

Back
Top Bottom