National News Sir Keir Starmer

Another "error"...................................... step forward that paragon of virtue Mr Lammy.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Opposition front bench trying to outdo HMG racking up the investigations, yet some people think they aren`t all in the trough.

Waiting for Ian Blackford to "take action" on the SNP sex pest as well.... :)

Maybe it was just a story with no fact behind it?

Mr Lammys issue is a matter of public record. :)
So, other than late declaration (a rule that Bojo has broken several times previously) what is the crime here?

Hardly on the scale of Owen Patterson is it (and the countless other Tory MPs in hock to their sponsors)[emoji846]

• React
Reactions: QR
So, other than late declaration (a rule that Bojo has broken several times previously) what is the crime here?

Hardly on the scale of Owen Patterson is it (and the countless other Tory MPs in hock to their sponsors)[emoji846]
Irrespective of that, its hardly a positive look - sadly just shows how most of our political elite have their heads in the trough

Add to that these photos of William with a Big Issue seller - pure PR - if he feels so strongly about homelessness, he and his family have plenty of room at their many inns

Irrespective of that, its hardly a positive look - sadly just shows how most of our political elite have their heads in the trough

Add to that these photos of William with a Big Issue seller - pure PR - if he feels so strongly about homelessness, he and his family have plenty of room at their many inns
I get that, but the point is, what rules have been broken other than late declaration. It looks like the fee he took for speaking is completely within the rules. So maybe it is the rules that are at fault?

Yet again, Essex is trying to find false equivalence in offence (as he has with Partygate v Beergate) to push the line that they're all at it and it is all to the same degree, like that makes it OK to keep voting in these charlatans. I simply asked other than later declaration (which our PM is famous for), what is the crime.

TOry MPs have been caught accepting money to buy influence of political decisions. And when Owen Patterson was caught, the Government tried to save Owen Pattersons hide by changing the rules, rather than abiding by the rules themsleves, it was only hen they were dragged kicking and screaming to the house that their hand was forced.

The bigger issue and the bigger stink here is that if the government don't like a decision or a rule, they simply change the law or the rules to suit their agenda, be it privileges and standards, International agreements or fundamental human rights. It is a pattern of behaviour which risks taken us to some very dark places if not exposed and held to account.

This might not surprise you, but I was no fan of Mrs Thatcher by any stretch of the imagination, but I am completely with her on this quote and the dangerous trajectory the current moral vacuum of a government is taking us on.

FQQHyy7XsBYFC5q.jpg

Labour MP Zarah Zultana will be appearing at the £280 a ticket (plus £5 booking fee) Glastonbury festival, where a pint of Carlsberg costs £6.................

to talk about the cost of living crisis :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And Greta will be on the Pyramid stage at 5.15............... hope she cycled there.

So what's your point? 🤷‍♂️

Oh, let me think................. probably that 200k+ people aren`t suffering a "cost of living crisis" or they have their priorities wrong if they are. ;)

Almost as bad as Glasto hanging a "No Borders Here" flag in support of refugees.............. on the outer, of two, 9ft perimeter fences. 🤷‍♀️

Hypocrisy comes in many forms.

Oh, let me think................. probably that 200k+ people aren`t suffering a "cost of living crisis" or they have their priorities wrong if they are. ;)

Almost as bad as Glasto hanging a "No Borders Here" flag in support of refugees.............. on the outer, of two, 9ft perimeter fences. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe you should be directing your ire at anyone stupid enough to pay £280 to attend such an event. 🤣🤣🤣

Surprised at £6 a pint and I thought I didn't get out much!! 😳😳😳

I get that, but the point is, what rules have been broken other than late declaration. It looks like the fee he took for speaking is completely within the rules. So maybe it is the rules that are at fault?

Yet again, Essex is trying to find false equivalence in offence (as he has with Partygate v Beergate) to push the line that they're all at it and it is all to the same degree, like that makes it OK to keep voting in these charlatans. I simply asked other than later declaration (which our PM is famous for), what is the crime.

TOry MPs have been caught accepting money to buy influence of political decisions. And when Owen Patterson was caught, the Government tried to save Owen Pattersons hide by changing the rules, rather than abiding by the rules themsleves, it was only hen they were dragged kicking and screaming to the house that their hand was forced.

The bigger issue and the bigger stink here is that if the government don't like a decision or a rule, they simply change the law or the rules to suit their agenda, be it privileges and standards, International agreements or fundamental human rights. It is a pattern of behaviour which risks taken us to some very dark places if not exposed and held to account.

This might not surprise you, but I was no fan of Mrs Thatcher by any stretch of the imagination, but I am completely with her on this quote and the dangerous trajectory the current moral vacuum of a government is taking us on.

View attachment 9085
As leader of the opposition, or other political parties, starmer, blackford et al should, in my opinion, stick to challenging govt policies and putting forward their own alternatives.

They should stay away from the character analysis of the PM and other govt MPs (and particularly as their prime line of attack).

Firstly, this gives people a clear idea of what they would get from a Labour government. If the party believes in its own policy and strategy then focus people's attention on that and get them on board that way.

Secondly, leave the character stuff to the public to judge, they don't need you to point things out that they can see themselves.

Thirdly, and this is where it is so easy to come unstuck, by focusing on character you need to be whiter than white yourself, otherwise the slightest transgression (eg beergate) leaves you exposed to accusations of hypocrisy/all as bad as each other, and all high ground is lost.

Keep the focus on the politics, then you can win that battle, and the people will judge the character side of things themselves, without you having to defend the hypocrisy charge

Tickets were bought years ago, so not relevant to today's price increases. And £280 for a 4 day festival isn't that much anyway. £6 a pint is near standard as well.

Tickets were bought years ago, so not relevant to today's price increases. And £280 for a 4 day festival isn't that much anyway. £6 a pint is near standard as well.

No "cost of living crisis" at Merritt Towers either then? ;)

So who is "suffering"?

Or is it just made-up media pish? 🤷‍♀️

No "cost of living crisis" at Merritt Towers either then? ;)

So who is "suffering"?

Or is it just made-up media pish? 🤷‍♀️
No, we live within our means, but I can also see that others are having a harder time of things. Things are undoubtedly more expensive than the turn of the year, I can see that people who aren't as fortunate as I am with finances could well be really struggling.

Maybe you should be directing your ire at anyone stupid enough to pay £280 to attend such an event. 🤣🤣🤣

Surprised at £6 a pint and I thought I didn't get out much!! 😳😳😳

£7.20 a pint at Wembley for me last Saturday, least there was no queues though as it was a Harry Styles concert with the family and it was only the collection of dragged along dad’s drinking.

Did make think that automatics will be a preferred way to get promoted this season though.

Back
Top Bottom