National News Sir Keir Starmer

I'm aware of your love-in with Twatter :), but fair to say that platform is part of the wider social media circus. Just listening to a group of young voters on the radio describing their first voting experience, and they were adamant that ALL of the information they made a voting decision on came from social media, and the number of likes / re-tweets etc had a big influence.

I have a 19 year old nephew at University who is independent-thinking and definitely capable of deeper intellectual thought than I am. He is heavily influenced by the number of 'followers' particular online leaders, and even product lines, have. It's the world we now live in and the most effective users of social media - including Twatter - will reap the rewards.
You've convinced me, hopefully my "like" :) will convince others on here.

The jag is a good analogy. You often find jag drivers look down their nose at other road users and have and over-inflated sense of their own importance.

Was it the Paul Whitehouse show that featured a character played by Mark Williams, whose punchline was "excuse me...I couldn't help noticing that we appear to be considerably richer than yow"

He drove a jag.
So did John Prescott. Mind you he also used tax payers money to pay for the council tax on his govt flat, had an affair with his secretary and submitted dubious expenses claims.

Actually, now I've written it out, I've just realised that he sounds like a politician in a position of power.....

And this is where you and I will always fundamentally differ as your outlook is all about what you want. Mine is about what is best for all and most of all for those already without, knowing that I am luckily capable of providing myself with a comfortable existence without having to put me first.

The jag is a good analogy. You often find jag drivers look down their nose at other road users and have and over-inflated sense of their own importance.

Was it the Paul Whitehouse show that featured a character played by Mark Williams, whose punchline was "excuse me...I couldn't help noticing that we appear to be considerably richer than yow"

He drove a jag.

So did John Prescott. Mind you he also used tax payers money to pay for the council tax on his govt flat, had an affair with his secretary and submitted dubious expenses claims.

Actually, now I've written it out, I've just realised that he sounds like a politician in a position of power.....

Hook, line & sinker! 🎣🎣

I love my job! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't know where to post this but...
caption competition

20210508_224919.jpg

Hook, line & sinker! [emoji476][emoji476]

I love my job! [emoji23][emoji23]
Your job???

My goodness, that is just a weird view to have on your participation in a political debate on an obscure (but very important) football forum.

It's a fascinating insight into your mindset nontheless[emoji23][emoji23][emoji3166]

Hook line and sinker how? Get over yourself!

The fact that you mentality is seemingly Tory = great, everything else = bad, also explains why your thinking is as flawed as it is.

If you remove your blue-tinted specs for a moment, you might just be able to acknowledge that I have not given sleaze, entitlement and misappropriation a particular political colour.

The Tories under Bojo are the government of the day and they are doing this in spades and so I will continue to raise this as a genuine reason for them not being fit to work for us and make decisions over how the billions we give them is spent.

At no time have I ever attempted to say that Labour, or any other party are not guilty of this. But I will say that when it comes to honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and suitability for the job of governing our country then Boris is bottom of the pile of current leaders.

But hey, it is pretty obvious that you love your politics a bit grubby and a bit sleazy and not only are you happy to look the other way or hold your nose, but you are actively prepared to defend it.

The reason standards in public life will not improve any time soon is because people like you continue to enable and defend people like Boris....and he andnhis cronies are laughing all the way to the Caymen Islands while you do it.[emoji1782]

Sad state of affairs but there you go...as long as the nest remains feathered eh?

• React
Reactions: QR
Your job???

My goodness, that is just a weird view to have on your participation in a political debate on an obscure (but very important) football forum.

It's a fascinating insight into your mindset nontheless[emoji23][emoji23][emoji3166]

Hook line and sinker how? Get over yourself!

The fact that you mentality is seemingly Tory = great, everything else = bad, also explains why your thinking is as flawed as it is.

If you remove your blue-tinted specs for a moment, you might just be able to acknowledge that I have not given sleaze, entitlement and misappropriation a particular political colour.

The Tories under Bojo are the government of the day and they are doing this in spades and so I will continue to raise this as a genuine reason for them not being fit to work for us and make decisions over how the billions we give them is spent.

At no time have I ever attempted to say that Labour, or any other party are not guilty of this. But I will say that when it comes to honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and suitability for the job of governing our country then Boris is bottom of the pile of current leaders.

But hey, it is pretty obvious that you love your politics a bit grubby and a bit sleazy and not only are you happy to look the other way or hold your nose, but you are actively prepared to defend it.

The reason standards in public life will not improve any time soon is because people like you continue to enable and defend people like Boris....and he andnhis cronies are laughing all the way to the Caymen Islands while you do it.[emoji1782]

Sad state of affairs but there you go...as long as the nest remains feathered eh?

Unfortunately, the vast majority of said "sleaze, entitlement and misappropriation" appears to be speculation and interpretation rather than anything tangible.
The electorate knew what they were/are getting with Boris and it seems I am not alone based on results so there are lots of "people like me" outside of the metropolitan areas.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of said "sleaze, entitlement and misappropriation" appears to be speculation and interpretation rather than anything tangible.
The electorate knew what they were/are getting with Boris and it seems I am not alone based on results so there are lots of "people like me" outside of the metropolitan areas.
And there was me thinking you weren't that naive[emoji848]

Whilst engagement in politics is so low (just look at less than 50% turnout in most locals) and whilst people can't be bothered with the detail anyomre or any proper scrutiny of the snakeoil salesmen after your hard earned...and while everything is polarised into binary decisions, then nothing will change.

So it becomes a simple choice of who do I tolerate the most?

As I said yesterday, if your choice is based on how you perceive it affects you, then fine. But if you are fortunate enough to be in a position where the effect on you will be minuscule at best, I'd rather plump for something that gives more people access to equity and egality. Like I said...it is clearly where our mindsets differ.

Last edited:
What are you/we actually getting with Boris?
Why is he preferred over a more honourable politician?

What are you/we actually getting with Boris?
Why is he preferred over a more honourable politician?
I'll answer that:
1). A serial liar, conman and morality vacuum with no idea or interest in how "normal folk" struggle. A person who doesn't blink at taking advantage in any way he can and thinks £800 for a roll of wallpaper is OK and a £150000 short break to Mustique paid for by "friends" is perfectly normal . . . it all comes with the trappings of high office don't you know (you proles).
2). Cos he's Boris....look at him....don't you just want to ruffle his hair and call him a cheeky scoundrel:love:. Oh.....and anything goes as long as the rosette is the right colour and my money and me are looked after...we'l just look the other way with the rest;)

We like our politics simple and in monochrome in Blighty....leave us alone!

Last edited:
I'll answer that:
1). A serial liar, conman and morality vacuum with no idea or interest in how "normal folk" struggle. A person who doesn't blink at taking advantage in any way he can and thinks £800 for a roll of wallpaper is OK and a £150000 short break to Mustique paid for by "friends" is perfectly normal . . . it all comes with the trappings of high office don't you know (you proles).
2). Cos he's Boris....look at him....don't you just want to ruffle his hair and call him a cheeky scoundrel:love:. Oh.....and anything goes as long as the rosette is the right colour and my money and me are looked after...we'l just look the other way with the rest;)

We like our politics simple and in monochrome in Blighty....leave us alone!
Presumably, EssexYellows agrees with your first point, as I think he was alluding to exactly this in his post.
There must be something the voters believe they can get in return if they just turn the other cheek to all Boris’s shortcomings??

Presumably, EssexYellows agrees with your first point, as I think he was alluding to exactly this in his post.
There must be something the voters believe they can get in return if they just turn the other cheek to all Boris’s shortcomings??

So far he hasn`t actually been proved to have done anything wrong.
Despite the best effort to pin something on him, there have been no "charges" or the like.

Headline:

From the article:
"On the surface, it is an open-and-shut case of an MP receiving a donation and registering it fairly swiftly, as he should have done."

I`m not saying he is holier than thou but he`s the best person we have to lead the country right now.
We have to accept, grudgingly or not, that the people in power get benefits that we don`t, that is just how life is at the top of the tree.

Back
Top Bottom