Simon Grayson

Whoever we go for/get it's still a mixture of players and 'the switch'. This is the moment when for no apparent reason a poor side suddenly becomes good and a good side starts losing (eg. Wilder's Sheffield United). We can all cherry-pick but even our favorites are only available because they have been sacked by their previous club. Bring on the newbies - the Lampards, Giggs, even Roonie has spoken of management; but then remember the big name failures going back as far as Geoff Hurst and the mighty Bobby Moore; not forgetting of course our-own Mr. Shotton and many others. I'm sure clubs like Sunderland, , Chelsea, Oxford, even SW****DON thought they had chosen exactly the managers who would lead the march to glory !! Even the best need the influence of the magic roulette wheel !! Who's for having a spin ?

The third option after a failed manager and a big name player is going for a manager making a name for themselves in a lower league who wants to better themselves. That’s the option I’d go for

Wouldn’t want Waddock back. Good luck to him at Aldershot though.
Have a feeling Chelsea might have Lampard as manager.
Bit surprised with the Barnsley manager going to Leeds, as they won’t give him long. Wish him well...they played good football against us at Wembley and deserved the win.
I feel Grayson might go to Bradford as he would be a good fit.
Think there may be a vacancy at Hull City soon as Yorkshire clubs are sacking clubs.

Why do you think he is not the right man?
Pray that it isn’t the Fax/Allen show for two long, we cannot gamble with our division 1 status, with neither having experience, and being part of the clotet debarcle.

UnMellow
It appears that you've not followed Oxford for long. Fax & Allen are very good people to have at Oxford. They've been vital to our successes in recent years.

I think they proved that they can put a good team out on Saturday.

Why do you think he is not the right man?
Pray that it isn’t the Fax/Allen show for two long, we cannot gamble with our division 1 status, with neither having experience, and being part of the clotet debarcle.

UnMellow
It appears that you've not followed Oxford for long. Fax & Allen are very good people to have at Oxford. They've been vital to our successes in recent years.

I think they proved that they can put a good team out on Saturday.

35 years, apparently [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bradford better choice surely as they would give him more time. Barnsley could be on their way down

The Yorkshire clubs are very fickle and don’t give managers any time to do well.
I always recall Ian Porterfield getting Sheffield United up from the old fourth division to the second. They sacked him when they were eighth. None of these Yorkshire teams are renowned for their patience

Good appointment for Bradford. He will get them going, and will be challenging next season. He has an outside chance of getting them up this season, but think there are better than them this season is Blackburn, Scunthorpe.

Back
Top Bottom