Simon Grayson

Grayson got a few promotions out of Lg one, but they weren't low profile clubs like us...were they? he was with clubs with a bit of clout.

Hence my point about appointing for the job in hand. Wilder got us out the conference, he wasn’t the man to get us out of l2. Just because Grayson can get a basket case club back in the prem, what make u think he’s not good enough for here, and who would u think has better credentials
Wilder? Who's he. That was the general response when he got the job. Journeyman at Halifax. Sold himself to the club. Maybe we need an up and coming manager hungry for the appointment. I do not know, does anybody? Its Div.1 and its not for the greenhorns. But you never know!!

I have a feeling the Cowley brothers fits the bill well. The question might is there a place for DF or might retirement be suggested

Grayson got a few promotions out of Lg one, but they weren't low profile clubs like us...were they? he was with clubs with a bit of clout.
I just wonder if Grayson might think .... getting a club promoted from league 1 - been there done that. I'd prefer someone who regarded coming to oxford as an exciting challenge. So very old fashioned now but I'd still like frank l.

Maybe a reason why we didn’t blow a lot of money during the January window is because DE will offer a bonus to the manager for making the playoffs, and a Big War chest for the summer to push for a top two finish. Minimum playoffs next season. Anything other than that is a failure. So there is pressure on whoever comes through the doors at Mecca.

Wilder? Who's he. That was the general response when he got the job. Journeyman at Halifax. Sold himself to the club. Maybe we need an up and coming manager hungry for the appointment. I do not know, does anybody? Its Div.1 and its not for the greenhorns. But you never know!!

Hardly a journeyman considering he had 1 year at Alfreton and then 6 years at Halifax. Furthermore, he understood the Conference, unlike our previous managers, so a very good appointment.

Whether L1 is such a different beast that you appoint a manager with specific knowledge of the league I don't know. But for the Conference it was the right policy.

People talk about the Cowley Brothers but haven’t they got a reputation for playing route one hoofball at Lincoln? Maybe wrong but I thought I’d heard/read that somewhere..?

Edit: not necessarily saying that’s wrong but I don’t see it being popular here

People talk about the Cowley Brothers but haven’t they got a reputation for playing route one hoofball at Lincoln? Maybe wrong but I thought I’d heard/read that somewhere..?

Edit: not necessarily saying that’s wrong but I don’t see it being popular here

theyd feel at home in OX4

Hi guys.

Grayson is probably as good as you can expect. He is a steady Eddie and will make you difficult to beat. The football under Grayson was dire to watch at times but he got results. He is still well regarded by most Preston fans and he’d probably taken us as far as he could when he decided to walk out to go to Sunderland. He has a habit of signing players that have played for him previously and his first signing wherever he goes will probably be Our skipper, Tom Clarke. Grayson’s record in L1 is second to none, so after a good transfer window, to follow it up by getting Grayson, I would say things are looking up for Oxford United.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Look after Ledson, but don’t be surprised if PNE come back for him in the summer.

Hi guys.

Grayson is probably as good as you can expect. He is a steady Eddie and will make you difficult to beat. The football under Grayson was dire to watch at times but he got results. He is still well regarded by most Preston fans and he’d probably taken us as far as he could when he decided to walk out to go to Sunderland. He has a habit of signing players that have played for him previously and his first signing wherever he goes will probably be Our skipper, Tom Clarke. Grayson’s record in L1 is second to none, so after a good transfer window, to follow it up by getting Grayson, I would say things are looking up for Oxford United.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Look after Ledson, but don’t be surprised if PNE come back for him in the summer.

It’s suddenly starting to look like it’s not going to be Grayson....

Maybe a reason why we didn’t blow a lot of money during the January window is because DE will offer a bonus to the manager for making the playoffs, and a Big War chest for the summer to push for a top two finish. Minimum playoffs next season. Anything other than that is a failure. So there is pressure on whoever comes through the doors at Mecca.
Not sure about blowing a lot of money, the 4 new players wouldn't of come cheap, also paying off a manager and a contracted player is not cheap either.

Mutual consent normally means a payment considerably cheaper than paying the full contract. Usually offered by the club and accepted by a player who has other options be they footballing or otherwise.
OK so bung him say 20 grand rather than 2.5 years wages

a Barnsley view on Grayson

Anyone that's ever watch any team coached by Grayson would be mad to want him near our club. Preston (when he was there) played the most boring, insipid version of 'cheatball' I've ever seen. Players diving all over the place, time wasting from minute one. Big cloggers at centre half and up front to aim the ball at. Not for me thanks.

Every time I've seen his teams play against us, they've always been overly aggressive, and generally played direct, long-ball football. He's a poor man's Neil Warnock.

Back
Top Bottom