General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d suggest the poster’s record would suggest they have a good idea of the facts, rather than the information on the public domain.

Yes, quite agree. That's why I asked whether s/he knew something that wasn't being reported.

Are we allowed to sign a loanee if we technically have a senior keeper available?

Anything longer than a couple of weeks and we'll be screwed. I was really hoping that we could keep the momentum going over the busy Festive period. Unlike last season.

I believe that KR doesn't rate Stevens, so I think we will definitely bring someone in if Eastwood is out for longer.

If it is 6-8 weeks that could be out season over, I still remember Mitchel

Anything longer than a couple of weeks and we'll be screwed. I was really hoping that we could keep the momentum going over the busy Festive period. Unlike last season.

I believe that KR doesn't rate Stevens, so I think we will definitely bring someone in if Eastwood is out for longer.

Really dont think it is about KR not rating Stevens, infact from what I've heard its the opposite and he is well regarded by both the squad's senior pros and the management team themselves.

The dilema is would any manager go into the potential next eight weeks without Eastie and have a 22 year old with 4 first team starts and a 20 year old with no starts on the bench ! in a team threatening to be in the mix for promotion and fighting on all cup fronts still.

My guess will be that an emergancy loan (free agent) will be found but would not be surprised if Stevens keeps the gloves during Easties absence and the loanee acts as backup, especially if Stevens does well tomorrow night.

Jordan Archer (26) is surprisingly a free agent, Millwall's first choice keeper for last 4 seasons but was released in summer.

Had just seen this while having a quick google myself, good keeper although a little bit suspect at their place the last time we played them.

Would be happy with this although I imagine if we get a player like Archer in I wonder how much longer Stevens would be content with playing 2nd string keeper before he thinks he deserves an extended run in the team.

Im a little bit confused about the rules of ‘Emergency Loans’. Who would we be loaning a players whos ‘Out Of Contract’ from? Surely if it only involves OOC players then that isnt a loan, its merely signing an OOC player?

Im a little bit confused about the rules of ‘Emergency Loans’. Who would we be loaning a players whos ‘Out Of Contract’ from? Surely if it only involves OOC players then that isnt a loan, its merely signing an OOC player?

You are correct, we would be signing them not loaning them.

Had just seen this while having a quick google myself, good keeper although a little bit suspect at their place the last time we played them.

Would be happy with this although I imagine if we get a player like Archer in I wonder how much longer Stevens would be content with playing 2nd string keeper before he thinks he deserves an extended run in the team.
Also would raise the issue of what to do when Eastwood returns. I'd imagine Archer would want to remain first choice

Eastwood is unlikely to be with us next season so if he's out for for a decent amount of time it would be good to find a long term replacement.

Really dont think it is about KR not rating Stevens, infact from what I've heard its the opposite and he is well regarded by both the squad's senior pros and the management team themselves.

The dilema is would any manager go into the potential next eight weeks without Eastie and have a 22 year old with 4 first team starts and a 20 year old with no starts on the bench ! in a team threatening to be in the mix for promotion and fighting on all cup fronts still.

My guess will be that an emergancy loan (free agent) will be found but would not be surprised if Stevens keeps the gloves during Easties absence and the loanee acts as backup, especially if Stevens does well tomorrow night.

We desperately need a free agent to step up to keep goal. JS is too prone to making errors, and even one error is what we can ill afford in our league games especially, to throw away what we've achieved this season.
On reasonably good authority I heard some time ago that KR doesn't have a great deal of faith in JS, which is why Mitchell came in so quickly last time Eastwood was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom