General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon?
Care to explain that? Who gave I 'abused'?

Ok, I will retract abuse but will substitute with derogatory name calling.
I wasn't aiming that anybody in particular, but I do feel that people can just hold back on some of their poor choice of words sometimes.

Regardless of the situation, I still find it unnecessary for fans to be commenting on posts from wives selling things, or making assumptions about the private life of players. Eastwood has been our standout player for the last few years and deserves respect, and his wife deserves a little privacy too! Sadly, there are those that will offer neither.
Thats fine and I agree up to a point.
I just think it's a little naive to put your furniture up for sale and say WE are moving on social media. If you want privacy be a bit more careful about what and where you advertise things. It was bound to be picked up on by someone!

Thats fine and I agree up to a point.
I just think it's a little naive to put your furniture up for sale and say WE are moving on social media. If you want privacy be a bit more careful about what and where you advertise things. It was bound to be picked up on by someone!
WE = wife and children!

If a football players wife puts up a message like that on social media its pretty obvious that it will be picked up and the worst(obvious) case thought of. Eastwood is not a 24 year old starting off , to sacrifice seeing his wife and kids when not on loads at Ox seems unlikely.

Not really the first combination that comes to mind if a married person writes, 'we', Is it?
It really doesn't matter what we think. She has no reason to word a post selling furniture to keep the fans content or to worry about what comes to mind.

I didn't say it did. Just pointing out the most logical interpretation of 'we'.

I accept that. But Mrs E stated a number of times that it was only her and the kids moving away for work. So the interpretation shouldn't be necessary.

I know forums at this time of the year are flooded with rumours, half truths and guesswork. But I still think caution should be taken when it comes to the families of our players. Mrs E was virtually interrogated on a post selling furniture. I've then seen some speculate as to whether they are splitting up etc. For me this is unnecessary and more likely to push a player away.

I appreciate that you haven't made these assumptions, but the whole thing still remains distasteful in my eyes and we shouldn't try to second guess what is just as likely to be entirely innocent.

there was a time when the advise was don't air your dirty linen in public..now it's seems some have a fixation about the need to write almost everything on social media whilst others hang on their every word.

there was a time when the advise was don't air your dirty linen in public..now it's seems some have a fixation about the need to write almost everything on social media whilst others hang on their every word.
I'm not sure flogging a sofa is the same as a need to write everything! Also, it's not just hanging on to every word, but actually ignoring the word for their own ends.

Barnsleys first choice keeper about to join Stoke...let's hope 2+2 is not 4 after last years rumours

I accept that. But Mrs E stated a number of times that it was only her and the kids moving away for work. So the interpretation shouldn't be necessary.

I know forums at this time of the year are flooded with rumours, half truths and guesswork. But I still think caution should be taken when it comes to the families of our players. Mrs E was virtually interrogated on a post selling furniture. I've then seen some speculate as to whether they are splitting up etc. For me this is unnecessary and more likely to push a player away.

I appreciate that you haven't made these assumptions, but the whole thing still remains distasteful in my eyes and we shouldn't try to second guess what is just as likely to be entirely innocent.

Sorry but if anyone I knew was moving up north and taking the kids with them while their partner stayed down in Oxford I’d expect there to be speculation that they might be splitting up!

Sorry but if anyone I knew was moving up north and taking the kids with them while their partner stayed down in Oxford I’d expect there to be speculation that they might be splitting up!
0r in Eastwood's case , perhaps his kids want to keep rats as pets? :unsure: :sneaky:;)

She has borrowed a selection of folding chairs from the stock her mum keeps for holidaying in the Peak District, where they are keen on orienteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom