General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballers have fairly short careers and can move from one year to the next. So it's not impossible to imagine that the wife of a footballer may wish to have a base which is right for her and her children, allowing her to work and get support with the kids from her family. She may well be moving in with family, getting a bigger/smaller house or just fancies a change of furniture.

None of this means that hubby is leaving!!! The fact that she was looking at selling the furniture on a public Facebook group shows that there isn't anything sneaky or underhand in all of this.

I know it's closed season, but when people start questioning the motives of the wife of a star player on social media I think we've gone too far!!

Worst case, we have a significant buy out clause on Eastwood's contract and have apparently scouted out a few replacements. IF he leaves it should be with our blessing, but maybe we should wait for something a little more substantial than Mrs Eastwood doing a car boot sale!!!
I kind of see where you are coming from but there have been rumours of him leaving (just rumours), there are rumours that we have been linked with Day.
Eastwood says that him and his family are settled in Oxford, he has also set up his goalkeeping training school.
Then Mrs Eastwood is on Facebook selling all of the furniture 'by July/ August'.
It is all rumour but you can kind of see why people are putting one and one together?
You suggest that we have a 'significant' buy out clause on Eastwood. How much is significant?

Is it not possible that they were renting in the Oxford area with a home in the North. And therefore don't need two sets of furniture

ECYellow

13 Mar 2018
Jaap Stam will be our new manager.
?

Haha bringing up a posting from nearly 18 moths ago. Good work! I'm glad I'm interesting enough to feel the need to look at my credibility via my profile.

I don't wish for the person(s) that have supplied me with this information to be compromised in any way so will choose not to elaborate further, on how I received the the information regarding SE.

Cheers.

The ultra positive postings and insistence that anything slightly critical or negative is anything but a fabricated lie, is getting tiresome Scotch. In fact, I've curtailed my own postings in recent months because some information shouldn't be on a forum for people like you, to suggest I'm making things up. If I could find a way to delete my account, I probably would.

It is quite possible that Simon Eastwood wants out. Sad but possibly true.

I hope he wants to stay. I really do.

The ultra positive postings and insistence that anything slightly critical or negative is anything but a fabricated lie, is getting tiresome Scotch. In fact, I've curtailed my own postings in recent months because some information shouldn't be on a forum for people like you, to suggest I'm making things up. If I could find a way to delete my account, I probably would.

Stick with it Bradders. Post what you want. Don't let anybody drive you away.

It's equally quite possible that Simon Eastwood is very happy playing here!! But with a relatively short career and his wife looking at her own career, it's not beyond belief that they've made a decision as a family to have two bases.

No one is guaranteed a place in the team, and we have to respect that players either want to progress their careers or make decisions that impact on their families. If he stays, great. If he goes, then we agreed a buy out fee that should reflect his value and we move on.

But there is no need to troll his wife when selling furniture or make stuff up in the absence of facts.

As for you staying or going, that is entirely your choice and one that has no interest to me either way.

Only cos u brought the new keepers kit with his name on the back [emoji6][emoji23]

There are a couple of posters on here who insist on putting the most ridiculously non-critical spin on every single thing the club does, says or doesn't do. So much so that I do wonder sometimes if they are on a retainer! They don't seem to understand that it is not 'disloyal' to question decisions (some of which the club have later admitted were mistakes!), in fact a 'critical friend' is more useful than a yes man.
Please don't delete your account - your postings are sensible and level headed (even when I don't agree with them!)

Wouldn’t get too dismayed by people who have nothing better to do than try to police an online forum, purely because they have so little going on in their life that’s it’s all they have to take pleasure from. Much more fun to just ignore them, thus robbing them of the attention they crave. Plus the more they just keep coming for you, the more of a total maniac they show themselves to be. You can’t take it too seriously - treat it like the absurdity that it is.

As for Eastwood, he gave several post match interviews last season where he appeared to openly contradict and disagree with a certain someone - people clocked and raised it at the time. Maybe he was just being prickly, or maybe there was something in that. I guess we’ll find out over the next eight weeks or so. If he does move on then I think most of us will wish him well - on his day he’s an excellent goalkeeper, particularly at this level, and has served us well. If he stays, I’m sure most people will be delighted.

Wouldn’t get too dismayed by people who have nothing better to do than try to police an online forum, purely because they have so little going on in their life that’s it’s all they have to take pleasure from
OI!!! I have a life you know, ESB is very generous with his time off, I get 6 hours every day (from midnight to 6am)

?

am I the only one that wouldn’t be too bothered if Eastwood left?...

am I the only one that wouldn’t be too bothered if Eastwood left?...

I wouldn't be too bothered either. I've got a feeling this season will be his last as our No 1. Not saying he'll leave, but we will need better.

He was great when he re-signed for us, but recently he's been making a few mistakes, especially at fumbling with corners which often lead to goals.

don’t get me wrong, he’s decent, but these people that claim he’s the best in League One are a bit off the mark I think. He doesn’t command his area enough for me. I feel he’s a bit too hesitant at coming for crosses for my liking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom