General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainox

With rumours stepping up that Stoke are to sign Adam Davies from Barnsley.
Could we see Barnsley return for Easty?

With rumours stepping up that Stoke are to sign Adam Davies from Barnsley.
Could we see Barnsley return for Easty?
As much as I hope Eastwood will stay I wouldn’t begrudge him a shot at the championship, and Barnsley would be a good move for him. He’s always been a model professional for us, I don’t think he owes us anything.

Incidentally I heard some chatter about Barnsley and Brannagan over the weekend. I hoping it was just BS in silly season though.

I don't see Eastwood going anywhere. He has 2 years left on his current deal, his family are settled and he's just opened a goalkeeping academy, locally. I get footballing aspirations etc but who would want to swap Oxfordshire for Barnsley? Not me. I also think Eastwood was told of the plans with the club in the short to long term and I think that was a motivating factor in him staying. Who knows? Time will tell. I think this transfer window will be exciting, for many reasons.

I don't see Eastwood going anywhere. He has 2 years left on his current deal, his family are settled and he's just opened a goalkeeping academy, locally. I get footballing aspirations etc but who would want to swap Oxfordshire for Barnsley? Not me. I also think Eastwood was told of the plans with the club in the short to long term and I think that was a motivating factor in him staying. Who knows? Time will tell. I think this transfer window will be exciting, for many reasons.
He does have a buy out clause so the 2 year contract can be overridden.
I am not sure that it would be about leaving Oxford for Barnsley, more playing in the Championship and getting paid am awful lot more.
Hope he stays though.

If Clint starts to get itchy feet, KR simply needs to show him a piece of paper with exciting names written on it under the header "Transfer Targets" and he'll commit. Worked like a charm last summer. COYY!

If Clint starts to get itchy feet, KR simply needs to show him a piece of paper with exciting names written on it under the header "Transfer Targets" and he'll commit. Worked like a charm last summer. COYY!

God knows what was on that piece of paper last summer. I’d like to say Messi, but after tonight it was probably was Origi!!

Been a fabulous keeper but if he goes he goes and we find the best replacement we can. That's life

Lawrence Vigouroux released by Swindon. Would be a decent replacement should Eastie depart.
Urgh no, he has been a problem for your team Kip that's why he was sent to play in the Irish league on loan, he is known to be a bad influence in the changing room. I thought you would have known that kip

I’ve heard that we are talking to the goalkeeper Joe Day from Newport, he was in the league 2 team of the year last season.
He’ll come on a Bosman. If true, suggests there is strong interest in Eastwood.
It’s only a rumour, but from a decent source.

For me if Eastwood does go the two keepers I think would be decent replacements would be Matt Ingram or Freddie Woodman

The lad on loan at afcw from Bournemouth was also very good but would probably be a loan

Eastwood had a buy out clause in his contract.
I wonder how much this was for?

I’ve heard that we are talking to the goalkeeper Joe Day from Newport, he was in the league 2 team of the year last season.
He’ll come on a Bosman. If true, suggests there is strong interest in Eastwood.
It’s only a rumour, but from a decent source.
Same rumour being discussed on Newport’s forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom