General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours abounding re Eastwood going to Huddersfield Town ?

I dont think he is going anywhere
A good L1 keeper is worth 3k a week and can play until 40+
A good L1 keeper might get paid 5k to sit on the bench in CH
But after 3 years hardly playing, he is not going to then manage even 2k a week for the next 15 yrs
Simple Simultaneous equation
Do your sums Easty

As fans and supporters we have an inalienable conviction that our club is the best place to be for any player (yes, I know, we are deluded!) but, the players have to think about career, family, future income etc. So, without some indication of intent by the current owners to really push for promotion, expansion, financial input etc, what else can they do but look at the options elsewhere?

We recently discussed the options for the stadium, we, rightly or wrongly, thought that with the big money men on the board things would happen. Players will have considered this as well, big money = big future? To date, nothing more than the MD blabbing on about what should/could/might/etc.

Without some concrete evidence of investment, why would any decent player consider remaining at Oxford? Another season of hanging on and hoping isn't going to create a financial future for young men with very short career prospects.
I'm not sure you can say footballers have a very short career prospects, they can have 18-20 years in the game and then could have a career earning more outside of playing football, it's only at the top level they earn the "big money" at the level we play at they earn decent money, but still have a say 30 year working career in front of them.

If easty does go then fair play to him for moving to a bigger club and up to a better league but we will replace him the same as we will replace nelson hopefully with players just as good if not better football players come and go same as managers but the club still survives

If easty does go then fair play to him for moving to a bigger club and up to a better league but we will replace him the same as we will replace nelson hopefully with players just as good if not better football players come and go same as managers but the club still survives

Exactly.

To maintain League 1 football we have to be a selling club, we always have been. As long as we continue the Appleton/Eales policy of signing young hungry players and giving them a chance and then not standing in their way when a bigger, better chance comes along.

To be fair to Robinson/Tiger the policy has been reintroduced after the disaster of Clotet and his recruitment.

Always frustrating to see good players leave and successful teams broken up though.

OxBible since deleted post about Eastwood and Huddersfield.

I notice Eastwood's wife Facebook post about furniture for sale has done the rounds again. She's responded once more, saying she has got a job in the north after finishing her degree. The children moving with her.

I notice Eastwood's wife Facebook post about furniture for sale has done the rounds again. She's responded once more, saying she has got a job in the north after finishing her degree. The children moving with her.
Why delete it? Shouldn’t a good honest journalist have the courage of their convictions? Everyone will think he’s bottled it after making some bullshit up now.. ?

You would think if this was happening the club wouldn’t be to happy with it being put out for everyone to read before an official announcement ie bollox Utd have met the buy out clause and Easty is transferring

Regardless of the situation, I still find it unnecessary for fans to be commenting on posts from wives selling things, or making assumptions about the private life of players. Eastwood has been our standout player for the last few years and deserves respect, and his wife deserves a little privacy too! Sadly, there are those that will offer neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom