General Simon Eastwood wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised that the suggestion is that any keeper signed is to replace Stevens rather than be on the bench. With Harris on the bench, we would look a little threadbare.

Goalkeepers tend to improve/mature a bit later in their career, so may be Stevens just isn’t quite there at the moment. It’s also difficult to find decent keepers who are prepared to sit on the bench week in, week out, especially if they’re at the peak of their career, hence why Stevens is good cover if needed short term.

Goalkeepers need to give a calming/reassuring feeling to the defenders which Eastwood provides in abundance, again down to experience/time.

I’m sure Stevens’ time will come e.g. tonight etc, but I think a more experienced keeper is needed over the longer term e.g. 4-8 weeks if required.

Yep, agree with all of this.

It’s particularly the case given the sheer number of games over December/January. In addition to experience being so key for goalkeepers, the amount of games will be particularly draining both physically and mentally.

Unless Eastwood is back within three to four games (which sounds unlikely given the intel we have), I would imagine Stevens will play the next couple and we’ll then see a more experienced pro come in. KR likes to play youth of course, but he’s also a pragmatist when needed.

Of course, we have relatively recent precedent for this with McCormick coming in with (an admittedly younger) Crocombe dropping to the bench after a brief spell between the sticks.

If we do bring someone in again, hopefully their recent past won’t lead to our main sponsor deciding they can longer work with us however...!

Don’t think we will be seeing Easty for a while. The dreaded knee ligaments strike again..

Or perhaps ever again in an Oxford shirt then perhaps if he’s out for most of the season...

Don’t think we will be seeing Easty for a while. The dreaded knee ligaments strike again..
He can kiss goodbye to the constant jaunts up and down the M1, then.

Will be interesting to see who comes in. They could be needed for much of the season's remainder.

If as serious as being said on here we don't want a 'knee jerk ' reaction and bring in any available keeper when we must have actual targets we want longer term that we could attempt to get in Jan . Hopefully giving Jack time to stake the position as his own and saving us loads ?

Petr Cech! Signing from Guildford Phoenix apparently................

I managed to stream the game to half time and watch MOTD.
What's the view on Eastwoods performance yesterday by those who went?
He made 2 to 3 good saves and looks to be getting more like his old self?
After quite a lot if criticism of Eastwood, Long, Ruffels and even Moore (ok by just a few in here) it was good to see yet another clean sheet against a PL team.

Apart from one goal kick that went all the way to his opposition counterpart he was excellent.

I managed to stream the game to half time and watch MOTD.
What's the view on Eastwoods performance yesterday by those who went?
He made 2 to 3 good saves and looks to be getting more like his old self?
After quite a lot if criticism of Eastwood, Long, Ruffels and even Moore (ok by just a few in here) it was good to see yet another clean sheet against a PL team.

Yes, Eastwood Ruffles Moore Long Dickie
The five play quite well together.

“That” double save from Easty could be season defining :

ERpjJeAWoAAEWl4
ERpjJd_WAAAlSbl

Here is the sitter than Dion Charles missed but he did have big George Thorne in front of him:D

ERpjJdqWAAABkSm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom